Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with you

Article about: Robert is a very fine man, whom I regard highly. I believe this is not a Verfuegungstruppe uniform, but from a member of the Allgemeine SS. The later species of tunic, from 1936/ 1937 ish on

?

Default Re: Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with you

Nice tunics, congratz to the owners!

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with you
    P
    Many

Default Re: Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with you

Greetings. What an interesting thread and congrats for a great purchase. I hope it has given you much satisfaction in the interim. Thanks to DrCMH and the usual suspects for sharing your pics and deliberations on the possibilities of how it came to be. Regards, Paul.

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    When you buy from a dealer witrh a good reputation for honesty, intergity, AND knowledge and experience in his field, you get good material.

Bargain hunting most often produces dissapointments.

Bob Hritz
    Wise advice from a person of insight.

?

There are certainly few bargains to be had within this specific area of collecting. When one chooses to collect these black tunics there are no shortcuts in this venture, at least, none without significant risk. Having never personally handled one of these items, I was reckless in jumping into this area without proper preparation. What pays dividends is learning from other collectors who are generous with their acquired knowledge and then, ultimately, developing confidence in ones own assessments. Circumventing this process in the past has cost me dearly, however, I view it as all part of the tuition. Thanks to FB for his years of tutelage, without his interventions I would likely have a room filled with junk.

Best,

CMH

?

It took a great deal of time, effort, and treasure to gain confidence in my own assessments...

I should note that the knowledge I have gained, as well as the above expenditures, are minuscule in comparison to FB and several others of our collecting community.

Image of objects that are anything other than a "room full of junk..." Bravo.

?

Loved this thread from the first picture in post #1. Congratulation DrCMH on that addition to your collection 5 years ago. I know I am not there yet but it would be nice to know the dealers that can be trusted in the field. May I ask what site Mr. R. Hassler is associated with? Just in case I'm the next Powerball winner. And if I am I will be in contact with you FB for advice and possibly make an offer on the beautiful table you received from your aunt!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Here you go Phil:

Info & Contact

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Roberts links do not work at this time....

?

Another VT tunic to add to the collection, again, found by Robert H. in Germany. This one comes from DougB's fine collection via Shea.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast