Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?

Article about: Elsewhere did I find these nice images, which deserve to be admired here. One of you can date these better than I, but these images are prior to the introduction of the shoulder strap...!

Default Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?

Elsewhere did I find these nice images, which deserve to be admired here.

One of you can date these better than I, but these images are prior to the introduction of the shoulder strap...! Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?
    P
    Many

The peaked cap in wear versus the kepi, and I cannot really decipher the Standarte number.

?

Very nice early photo of a transitional time. Appears to be Std. 26 ?

?

Thanks for posting these! I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does the man in the glasses wear above his cuff title? I don't know anywhere near as much as I should about ranks and uniforms.

?

Thanks F-B for presenting these photos. Allow me to add another interesting set of photos showing SS Reiter and bandsmen that were sold elsewhere. On the subject of shoulder straps this SS Reiter has two. Thanks to all.
    Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?

The pictures that FB posted are either 1931 or 1932. By 1933, the shoulder strap had become a part of the uniform. The uniform without shoulder strap followed the pattern worn by the SA, which at that time was subordinate over the SS.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks to colleagues for the fine interventions. Thanks to Mr. JHAM for the remarkable pictures of the snazzy SS Reiter, complete with his sports car. What kind of car is it?

- - ------- - -

Quote by Erno View Post
    Thanks for posting these! I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does the man in the glasses wear above his cuff title? I don't know anywhere near as much as I should about ranks and uniforms.
    Maybe it is Hilfspolizei, which would date the thing to 1933, but I really do not know.

The visored cap for the SS came into being in fall 1932. I guess the photographs from post 1 are from about spring 1933.
    In 1931 the visored cap as worn did not exist. It is known the SS did wear the visored cap during the Reichsjugendtag in
    early October 1932 at Postdam and also at the ceremonies at Coburg in mid-October, commemorating the rally held.

The shoulder-strap was worn first with the tunic, but due to a re-organization from May 26, 1933 the shoulder-strap was also
    worn with the brown-shirt (Erlass Nr. 1 from May 26, 1933 for the SA and SS). The use of a shoulder-strap for the tunic was
    allowed since July 1932. With a decree from June 20, 1933 four forms of shoulder-straps for the SA and SS were specified.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Maybe it is Hilfspolizei, which would date the thing to 1933, but I really do not know.
    Personally, I think it is most likely an armband identifying an event-related fuction/duty as an organizer/orderly/steward/whatever.

Thank you, friends, you are geniuses. Such a thing is why our site is so superior to the competition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast