Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?

Article about: Elsewhere did I find these nice images, which deserve to be admired here. One of you can date these better than I, but these images are prior to the introduction of the shoulder strap...!

I know white armbands with the indication Aufmarschstab were worn for specific events.
    It could be worn here. The Hilfspolizei armband would have been worn by all, not only
    one person.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?
    P
    Many

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    I know white armbands with the indication Aufmarschstab were worn for specific events.
    It could be worn here. The Hilfspolizei armband would have been worn by all, not only
    one person.
    Bravo. Very insightful.

Thanks for the info Wim,
    I had the May 26 date down as the shoulderboard introduction and was not aware of the earlier black uniform introduction.
    The double shoulder straps were authorised for the three groups using the three part shoulder straps: Cavalry, Medical and Musicians (Spielmannszug and Musikzug).
    d'Alquen

Hello d'Alquen,

the tunic I meant was officially allowed for the SA (letter Qu Nr. 1543/32), but
    copied quickly by the SS. The SS did wear the tunic with the smaller service-dress
    and was shown to the press in about spring 1932 where Sepp Dietrich does wear the
    tunic. He is accompanied by another high ranked officer. With the tunic the old style
    cap (the coffee can-cap) was worn.

Not well visible is the wearing of the round SS buckle, as introduced January 26, 1932
    (in the Verordnungsblatt der OSAF a mistake was made when they said 1931).

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    The SS did wear the tunic with the smaller service-dress
    and was shown to the press in about spring 1932 where Sepp Dietrich does wear the
    tunic. He is accompanied by another high ranked officer.
    The other man was Fritz Weitzel, if memory serves.

?

Is this the photo?
    Allgemeine SS in the year 193X?

My thanks to Mr. d'alquen, Mr. Saris, HPL2008, Mr. Coleman and of course F-B for their contribution here.

WOW!! >_<..this site thrives!!....Ultra rare photo!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yes, this is the photograph I meant. I am not good in faces, so HPL will be right.
    The photo was used in volume 4 for the series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany"
    wjhere I did explain things about the old and new caps for the SS. The photo
    is on page 49 from that book.
    I remember the photo was used in a newspaper or magazine in those days! Pitily I
    cannot remember which and when excatly.

This is a such a great thread , many thanks to all who unselfish share their impressive knowledge to us others on this forum That only happens on this superb forum This is the Nr1 place to be for learning And without insults and political sh1t chat like on the other forum....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2