Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis

Article about: Some one should ask him, don't you think? Maybe the document there on the desk in the Prinz Albrechtstrasse is the Rosetta stone of "scull" makers so sought by inquiring minds in t

Default Re: Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis

The sight of this object ca. 1971-1972 started this process.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis
    P
    Many

which led to this....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis  

and this...
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis 

and on and on....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis   Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis  

Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis  
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis  Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis 

It will end this way...

?

The central focus of this book is the Minden Report, I am unsuccessfully hunting an English translation of this document. Maybe it is part of the IMT volumes.

It is much easier to fetishize the artifacts of History than to flesh out the circumstances and personalities that drove the creation of those objects.

For me they are a door into a world I can barely comprehend.

Esteemed F-B, as you have mentioned, the English language material is severely lacking. There is no lack of books about panzer aces. I suppose the inner workings of the Amts can't compare with the sexiness of 88 rounds smashing into Soviet armor.

With what little I have learned, I now verily laugh at the scratchy newsreel images of black clad ranks executing Prussian drill. To conceptualize the 3rd Reich as a hive of marching ants in psychic lockstep is more reassuring than the chaotic Hobbesian freemarket politics and cronyism that boiled behind closed doors. How anything was accomplished is confounding. Let alone the overrunning Europe.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I share another of my sources with you here, because I do not want to hold back anything.

This is an analysis of the Verwaltungsamt SS and the WVHA from the Bundesarchiv complete with many original documents of the era and also from the Nuremberg trial of Oswald Pohl and his group.

It is a wonderful source, and it contains a lot about the SS clothing economy, as well. The leading personalities in said branch of the higher SS leadership are well enumerated, and these names are to be found neither on the lord of the flies site, nor in the English language secondary works, with perhaps a couple of exceptions.

Quote by Tricot View Post
    The central focus of this book is the Minden Report, I am unsuccessfully hunting an English translation of this document. Maybe it is part of the IMT volumes.

It is much easier to fetishize the artifacts of History than to flesh out the circumstances and personalities that drove the creation of those objects.

For me they are a door into a world I can barely comprehend.

Esteemed F-B, as you have mentioned, the English language material is severely lacking. There is no lack of books about panzer aces. I suppose the inner workings of the Amts can't compare with the sexiness of 88 rounds smashing into Soviet armor.

With what little I have learned, I now verily laugh at the scratchy newsreel images of black clad ranks executing Prussian drill. To conceptualize the 3rd Reich as a hive of marching ants in psychic lockstep is more reassuring than the chaotic Hobbesian freemarket politics and cronyism that boiled behind closed doors. How anything was accomplished is confounding. Let alone the overrunning Europe.
    The propaganda image is the easier one, since it excludes thought. We propose analysis versus mere feelings.

There are relevant documents here, but they are untranslated as a rule. I own this set, which is a historical object of value in its own right.

?

Sir.

Good Lord! And here I was breaking my arm patting myself on the back for acquiring the Red Volumes.

Ah, the coveted blue volumes. I have hunted them for some time, but my arrows have yet to strike bone.

I have the PDFs. But, of course, they are simply not the same.

I am adding the other two volumes you cited to my growing German language library. One day my language skills may catch up to my ambitions.

It is rather shocking that the English language researchers have fallen so far behind. Are there no active American doctoral programs spelunking these obscure realms?

Merci

Tricot

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    There are relevant documents here, but they are untranslated as a rule. I own this set, which is a historical object of value in its own right.

Dear Tricot, I guess the blue series of the IMT are quite rare. I inherited mine. When your boat comes in, you can buy all my foetid black woolens and my German library, and even my professional library. It is a nice one. It is also quite heavy to move around, in fact. How sad that the 21st century regards libraries with such a jaundiced eye and renders as fetish in an electronic appliance such a wonderful thing as a book.

The blue series has many of the WVHA documents, but the bulk of the original files ( or a lot of them...) are in Berlin Lichterfelde, that is in the Bundesarchiv.

The secrets we seek are all there, and no one has the energy to dig them out. I might one day, but maybe not, either.

I guess you will have to do it....

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast