Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis

Article about: Some one should ask him, don't you think? Maybe the document there on the desk in the Prinz Albrechtstrasse is the Rosetta stone of "scull" makers so sought by inquiring minds in t

?

Default Re: Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis

Dear FB, i thoroughly enjoy your comments and threads on the forum and i can only hope that one day before i shuffle off this mortal coil, i can attain a fraction of the knowledge that you have regarding the " Black Stuff", your thirst for that knowledge has and can only enhance others to learn about a very difficult subject matter and one that can strike fear into the less knowledgable of us collectors,myself included, thank you, cheers Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis
    P
    Many

Quote by davejb View Post
    Dear FB, i thoroughly enjoy your comments and threads on the forum and i can only hope that one day before i shuffle off this mortal coil, i can attain a fraction of the knowledge that you have regarding the " Black Stuff", your thirst for that knowledge has and can only enhance others to learn about a very difficult subject matter and one that can strike fear into the less knowledgable of us collectors,myself included, thank you, cheers Dave
    Dear Colleague, thank you for the very kind words, indeed. I do not know very much at all and I wish someone would correct many of the statements I make, because I am certain that I also make many errors. I am doing the best I can with this site to share what little I know, but I am frankly never satisfied with the state of things. I want to read all the files and find the person or persons who really do know it all. They surely exist, but they are shy or do not engage this messy instrument. Why not actually look at all the hats on all the heads in the pictures.

Oh, das wirst Du nie wissen.....!

thanks again for the kind words and I hope all of this has some use for you now and in the time to come.

At least the site has fair rules of the road versus the other sites, which remind me of all the evils and travails of grammar school without all the pretty girls.
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis  Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis  Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis 

to unlock all the secrets therein, dear colleagues! Wahnsinn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis   Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis  

Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis   Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis  

Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis   Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis  

Attached Images Attached Images Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis 

?

I can only wonder what wonders populate your shelves as I man the quay squinting into the night for red and green running lights.

Psycho-politically weighted woolens aren't bad either!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dear Tricot, I guess the blue series of the IMT are quite rare. I inherited mine. When your boat comes in, you can buy all my foetid black woolens and my German library, and even my professional library. It is a nice one. It is also quite heavy to move around, in fact. How sad that the 21st century regards libraries with such a jaundiced eye and renders as fetish in an electronic appliance such a wonderful thing as a book.

The blue series has many of the WVHA documents, but the bulk of the original files ( or a lot of them...) are in Berlin Lichterfelde, that is in the Bundesarchiv.

The secrets we seek are all there, and no one has the energy to dig them out. I might one day, but maybe not, either.

I guess you will have to do it....

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    to unlock all the secrets therein, dear colleagues! Wahnsinn.
    The SD Rock with the alte kampfer chevron makes my heart flutter. I note loops for a long ribbon bar.

I would assume the original owner was a military veteran prior to his journey into the Sicherheitdienst.

Is it named, researchable? Only the tiniest handful are.

It is highly interesting a BLANK tab and cufftitle represent such sinister service. I interpret it as an attempt at mystery, a metaphor for lack of definition and boundaries. The intention was not to intimidate but to be Fabien. A wickedly arch unit insignia.

Nacht und Nebel wie in kragenspiegel dargestellt!

(Did I butcher that?)

?

For reference, I attach a few pictures of my SD tunic, seen before on this forum:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis  

?

Further:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis  

?

And further:

?

Quote by Frog View Post
    And further:
    Thank you Frog!

I would like to think this belonged to a former Bavarian Gestapa member and not a pretender. It seems the piping embellishment to the raute was not strictly enforced.

?

Tricot - You may well be right; I would hope so as well. F-B may have a thought here.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast