Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis

Article about: Some one should ask him, don't you think? Maybe the document there on the desk in the Prinz Albrechtstrasse is the Rosetta stone of "scull" makers so sought by inquiring minds in t

Default Re: Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis

Quote by Frog View Post
    And further:
    I love this tunic, especially how that it is an SS- Scharfuhrer ranking, and it has an Officer piped SD sleeve diamond on it.

Thanks for sharing this.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis
    P
    Many

Quote by Tricot View Post
    I can only wonder what wonders populate your shelves as I man the quay squinting into the night for red and green running lights.

Psycho-politically weighted woolens aren't bad either!
    I have a large personal library which is as much a labor of love over the decades as the foetid woolens.

In this I am a freak and a prisoner of an era of book collecting as a virtue.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis  

Quote by Tricot View Post
    The SD Rock with the alte kampfer chevron makes my heart flutter. I note loops for a long ribbon bar.

I would assume the original owner was a military veteran prior to his journey into the Sicherheitdienst.

Is it named, researchable? Only the tiniest handful are.

It is highly interesting a BLANK tab and cufftitle represent such sinister service. I interpret it as an attempt at mystery, a metaphor for lack of definition and boundaries. The intention was not to intimidate but to be Fabien. A wickedly arch unit insignia.

Nacht und Nebel wie in kragenspiegel dargestellt!

(Did I butcher that?)
    As I say, when your boat comes in, it can all be yours. I am not sure the blank cuff title and blank collar patch were conceived with such malice of forethought. The SSTV collar patch surely was, but I think the others were a matter of default and inheritance from the SA. This piece I posted is a nice one. I do own one with the piped Raute and with a name from the Cologne police official who plainly was given SS rank in the big membership drive of 1938 to get as many police into the SS.

The Gestapa was a Prussian organization originally, whereas Himmler and Heydrich made their start after 1933 from their Munich base. The alu piping is, one assumes, for Gestapa membership, but who knows? The SS insignia of the era confused contemporaries, so how should we know really?

Just read the SS Befehlsblaetter in detail.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    As I say, when your boat comes in, it can all be yours. I am not sure the blank cuff title and blank collar patch were conceived with such malice of forethought. The SSTV collar patch surely was, but I think the others were a matter of default and inheritance from the SA. This piece I posted is a nice one. I do own one with the piped Raute and with a name from the Cologne police official who plainly was given SS rank in the big membership drive of 1938 to get as many police into the SS.

The Gestapa was a Prussian organization originally, whereas Himmler and Heydrich made their start after 1933 from their Munich base. The alu piping is, one assumes, for Gestapa membership, but who knows? The SS insignia of the era confused contemporaries, so how should we know really?

Can you post pics of that SD tunic, please.

Thank you
    Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Can you post pics of that SD tunic, please.

Thank you
    Brian
    I am sorry, but I cannot. Some of my collection is not photographed. Discretion also has its place in all of this. I can dig out the name of the police official. Cologne was part of Prussia, of course during the time in question.

The uniform I mention is similar to that of the officer here, but with a blank cuff title. The uniform was vetted by Hritz and Coleman.
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis 

I am sorry, but I cannot. Some of my collection is not photographed. Discretion also has its place in all of this. I can dig out the name of the police official. Cologne was part of Prussia, of course during the time in question.
    I just emailed you.

thanks
    Brian

My tunic came with a cap like this, though this is a different piece.

This cap is almost identical to the piece on this officer's noggin.

Thanks to Bruce the frog for posting his nice piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis  

Here is a piece from the Wolfe firm from the 1980s courtesy Daryl Pajot. It has the different piping of the Raute about which I won't speculate.
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemiene SS NCO Visor for Analysis 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-17-2010 at 06:21 AM.

?

Right, the Gestapa was Goering's domain until he was slowly ousted from the political police business by the sleeker and more bureaucratically inclined Himmler/Heydrich axis. I have to relocate the reference, but Himmler clever claimed jurisdiction over one law enforcement body through a clever update of the uniform regulations.

I submit, regarding the totenkopf, that it was a common symbol and had much less negative branding than today. I have seen old photos of children sporting TKs on their swim suits. It was a much more ubiquitous symbol then.

Obviously the context of the SSTV as overlords of the KL archipelago has forever branded the TK as a symbol of evil. But when the SSTV was mustered in 1934, was the totenkopf perceived by the general public as a particularly negative symbol? Was the TK tab of Eicke's choosing? Is there any record of who designed the M34 version of the cap skull?

Is it not interesting that the symbol of the SSTV was adopted as a uniform item for all SS formations?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast