Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Another SS Armband thread

Article about: I picked up an SS armband years ago. It passed the blacklight test and the black cloth RZM tag looked good to me so I took a chance on it. I took it to a so-called expert to look at it and h

ronl
    ?

Default Re: Another SS Armband thread

When compared to the other SS armband thread the stitching appears identical. The RZM tag lettering seems identical to me even down to the "gaps" in the stitches. Only difference between mine and the one on the other thread is the lack of the small date tag in mine and the fact that the swastika is cut from a single piece of wool and bar-tack stitched around the border, not folded. I have seen other supposedly verified ones of similar construction. This supposedly came from the estate of a vet, but I always take the words of someone trying to sell me something with a grain of salt.

2. # ADS

You can help yourself so that we might aid you with the posting of clear images which allow a real assessment. The image are the currency of the realm here. And you will not find as many useful and revealing ones on any other site.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another SS Armband thread   Another SS Armband thread  

Another SS Armband thread   Another SS Armband thread  

?

(Via Blackberry, a fine device)

Ronl -

We need sharper pictures for sure.

The Dom Reichsfuhrer... tag is seldom found on the brassard without the smaller maker's tag.

This small tag is often found alone, as shown in the following examples per F-B; often there is no tag at all.

Perhaps yours has gone astray?

Send us a sharp photo, please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another SS Armband thread  

?

And another; this is typical:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another SS Armband thread  

The sight of these tags spreads joy through the land, fellow foetid woolen personages!

Also, the tags posted by Mr. Bruce are also faked, and the best way to tell is to compare the doubtful item in hand with the authentic ones. The latter have patina.

You note that as of the year 1937, the RFSS tag was apparently no longer used in this role together with the VA SS contract tag.

The years after the promulgation of the 4 year plan led to price fixing in the uniform trade, an enlargement in the size of the SS and the triumph of rationalization in uniform production to account for costs as well as the rapidly growing size of the organization in party and state.

Such arm bands should be displayed thus.

Or thus. I shall leave this thread to others now. I am not sure we have done much good.

As I wrote above, lamentations about dealers and such belong in a separate realm.

Whatever happened to the woman in Iceland who was going to write a paper on SS uniforms?

That was in November, I think.

She vanished. How sad.

Such happens a lot around here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another SS Armband thread   Another SS Armband thread  

Attached Images Attached Images Another SS Armband thread 

ronl
    ?

Finally found the patch cord.Another SS Armband thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2