Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another SS Armband

Article about: Hello Everyone: So once upon a time on this forum we discussed the black stripes on these SS Armbands and it got quite out of control. But, being that was the only one we had seen, we couldn

Default Another SS Armband

Hello Everyone:

So once upon a time on this forum we discussed the black stripes on these SS Armbands and it got quite out of control.
    But, being that was the only one we had seen, we couldn't figure it out. But, I found another on the net...

So, whats up with these horizontal ribs on this fabric?
    NOTE: This is not my Armband, but pulled off of a site selling the item.
    I have a few original armbands already but I would like to put it on the record about these stripes.

Thanks
    Cody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another SS Armband  
    Attached Images Attached Images Another SS Armband 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another SS Armband
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Another SS Armband

Interesting. I wonder, is it common to find only the Reichsführer label on the reverse?

to compare to mine.
    Mine has the "Correct" black stripes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another SS Armband  

What's the difference in the stripes?

?

Another SS ArmbandAnother SS Armband

Here's mine.

Kris.

Oh, I see the difference! The stripes on the 1st one are stitched horizontal and on Kris' they are stitched vertical!

Exactly, but We all know the standard "Approved" SS Armbands like mine and Kris's are the norm, but the one posted is different... a few ways.
    But these have popped up on the market as of late and nobody seems to know if they are original.

Another SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS Armbandbrassards.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-04-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Thanks FB, but we need to figure out if these black stripes have a "Loop hole" with these horizontal and vertical ribs.
    Your photos are great reference to what these look like, but doesn't really show the black material and how it is applied.

?

The bands with the horizontal stripes are original- I suspect they were a variation made by one particular maker...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast