Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?

Article about: +The insignia is that of the early SA-SS flying unit. I cannot say whether it is original or not as there are so many copies and I have never handled a known original. Bob Hritz

Default Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?

Hi guys any idea on this SS/SA patch i found?..i dont know anything about it or where it came from...i was told it is a RARE cap badge or something like that..ive never seen one before..it looks like period original eagle and wire bullion looks period..non of it glows under uv light...im stumped and i payed $70 bucks for it..because i want the eagle off it anyway..should i keep it as it is?...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?

Whatever you do, DONT TOUCH IT!!!! Leave it as it. it's worth far more in original condition.You can get an eagle like that anywhere.I havent seen one before but it looks pretty cool.I have seen a patch w/ the SA and SS intertwined before. Im sure the other guys know what it is exactly. Ask Bob C.
    ~Dean

yeah..thanks Dean..i wont touch it if it seems to be original..il get an eagle from somewhere else..perhaps someone might know more about it..im stumped..

Do not deface it at the risk of serious historical vandalism.
    I shall let the SS insignia experts (I am not one...) tell you what the thing might be, or might not be.
    Similar objects are illustrated in the secondary works on SS insignia, but such is not my thing, and I am not totally sure of the character of said object.
    Loose examples of the 1927/1929/1931 cap badge are common and inexpensive.

Not an expert by any means , but I do recognize it - it represents a flight wing for the SS-Fliegersturm ( 1931-1933 ) .

However , the odds of it being original are very much against you .

This being one of the absolute rarest insignia imaginable , I can't recall even seeing a picture of an original . Judging from e.g. the back cloth & the eagle itself I'd say it's a reproduction .

But hey , if I'm wrong , you're in for a full mailbox & a LONG holiday .. !
    Last edited by Winkelman; 06-19-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    not an expert , but it represents a flight wing for the SS-Fliegersturm ( 1931-1933 ) , to be worn on the right breast .

However , the odds of it being original are very much against you .
    This being one of the absolute rarest insignia imaginable , I can't recall even seeing a picture of an original . Judging from e.g. the back cloth & the eagle itself I'd say it's a reproduction .

But hey , if I'm wrong , you're in for a full mailbox & a LONG holiday .. !
    Thanks. I have never seen an original of this badge, and it is very rare. For a fake, it is well embroidered, if it is fake...

But I have no idea and do not want to muddy the issue at all.

Does someone have an image of an original? There are the images of Ritter von Schleich with this badge, to be sure, but they are not so clear.Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?
    This image is of the person in the 1914-1918 war.

Angolia mentions that it could be worn above either the right or left breast pocket - here's a period picture as supplied by the amazing Internet , where it can be seen over the lefthand pocket ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?  

Thank you. Very nice contribution.

Glad to make your acquaintance , mr. Friedrich-Berthold !

Here's an even better one , which shows ( as I would expect ) the entire insignia to be in Embroidery , including eagle .
    I'd leave the specimen shown intact however , as I do not believe the metal eagle to be good either - sorry .
    Again , I hope to be wrong this time ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast