Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?

Article about: +The insignia is that of the early SA-SS flying unit. I cannot say whether it is original or not as there are so many copies and I have never handled a known original. Bob Hritz

Default re: Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?

+The insignia is that of the early SA-SS flying unit. I cannot say whether it is original or not as there are so many copies and I have never handled a known original.

Bob Hritz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?
    P
    Many

..gee guys great help you all are...yes i looked on the internet too...well for SS/SA pilots badge...i found this picture from the MENS AT ARMS book series by osprey "The SA 1921-45 -Hitler's stormtroopers"...looks pretty much like one...i'd be keen to keep it all together ..i can always sell it to someone who collects these things as i only wanted an eagle for my collection...

?

Aussielad I think your patch is a repro. from Worldwide Militaria LLC. $19.95 for the alum./bullion patch. I hope I'm wrong. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?   Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?  

Donnerwetter. How sad.

Too good to be true , as I feared ..

The lack of character in the eagles beak gave it away for me , and the glossy back as seen on many repro's . The embroidery on the runes is definitely improving , though ..

...i had a look at the one from WORLD WIDE MILITARIA...and yes its the same but not exactly...the eagle in thier one hasnt the same defintion,colour and the bullion is too thin and not as thick as mine...ah well thats why i got out of german militaria!...you cant tell whats real and whats fake anymore...thats why i collect other eras...well the bin for this one..i dont want it now as i did think it was ok for the eagle...burned again..see my inexperence in german items lets me down again..."lifes a journey"...thanks for all your input guys..much appreciated!!...see it does pay to look before you leap...

If you look at the top of the patch, on the right, it looks as though the moths have gotton a hold of it. Which means wool. I don't think they make fakes, with wool, but I might be wrong. And looking at the eagles head, it looks pretty detailed. But just my opinion.

TK

..yes i do agree..the backing is wool....very interesting now to see how "real" it is...gee all this for a tiny patch...would be great if it was an original..would be kinda rare...cheers for your comment too

i LOVE THESE PATCHES(MANY VARIATIONS)...Here is some info on the patch's as printed in AILSBY'S book,I hope this helps.GOOD LUCK! HAPPY HUNTING ALL!!!Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?Any idea on this SS-Fliegersturm wing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2