Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

any one got a spair $30k

Article about: The winking skull (in an old photo of mine) on the reverse of the Schellenbaum banner. Of note I am told by those that collect these sorts of things that the D IV matching trumpet banner and

?

Doug's got one.
    Regards,
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement any  one  got a spair k
    P
    Many

Quote by relicz View Post
    Doug's got one.
    Well I'll be! ... just had a look at the war room.

I still cant believe how butt ugly it is.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MY EYES Is what it would say if it saw itself in a mirror but it cant it has no eyes and is a face only a mother could love (looks like one of my brothers drawings when he was 4 then pulled through a hedge backwards)
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Well I'll be! ... just had a look at the war room.

I still cant believe how butt ugly it is.

Gentlemen, they are most definitely real. The one Hawkins shows is I believe an earlier version of the TK's used by the LAH but is not the "winking skull". These are very original, and IMO very beautiful and based in part perhaps on this very early Hussaren TK, the rarest and oldest German TK known which resides in my good friends collection over at Kaiser's Bunker. To see the craftsmanship of the winking skull trumpet banner and schellenbaum in person is quite the experience. Shown are a couple of period photos of good examples of the banner for the trumpet and drum wrap.

Where is the auction for these items taking place?

Attachment 676726

Attachment 676725

Attachment 676724

Attachment 676723

Attachment 676727

Quote by Danmark View Post
    ... and it looks nothing like the one in the photo!

THAT one doesnt look like a child drew it. ( especially the bones )
    well at least i know . what did i say i said i could not find any photos but the photo i have shown

?

Quote by hawkins View Post
    never any photos when you need them but here is one
    To go with the early trumpet banner and the skull of this being the pre-"winking" skull, here is the pre-SS eagle, the SA Eagle that went with your aforementioned early trumpet banner. Also of note in your photo Hawkins is the very very early LAH helmet with the scalloped tricolour. The soldier in the pic below wears the same, showing this is about 1933-ish I would guess.

They switched to the beautiful "winking skull" and SS eagle in 1934 I believe.

Attachment 676728

?

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    any  one  got a spair k
    This I believe is a crude reproduction.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Gentlemen, they are most definitely real. The one Hawkins shows is I believe an earlier version of the TK's used by the LAH but is not the "winking skull". These are very original, and IMO very beautiful and based in part perhaps on this very early Hussaren TK, the rarest and oldest German TK known which resides in my good friends collection over at Kaiser's Bunker. To see the craftsmanship of the winking skull trumpet banner and schellenbaum in person is quite the experience. Shown are a couple of period photos of good examples of the banner for the trumpet and drum wrap.

Where is the auction for these items taking place?

Attachment 676726

Attachment 676725

Attachment 676724

Attachment 676723

Attachment 676727

Quote by DougB View Post
    This I believe is a crude reproduction.
    Lol!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast