Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

any one got a spair $30k

Article about: The winking skull (in an old photo of mine) on the reverse of the Schellenbaum banner. Of note I am told by those that collect these sorts of things that the D IV matching trumpet banner and

?

Mollo shows the very same skull on a trumpet banner in his book 4. Perhaps before 3 pages of pure speculation and comments on ugliness we should review the sources at hand. If you haven't I'm not sure you should be posting. Thanks to DougB for sharing from his fine collection.
    any  one  got a spair k

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement any  one  got a spair k
    P
    Many

Quote by jHAM View Post
    Mollo shows the very same skull on a trumpet banner in his book 4. Perhaps before 3 pages of pure speculation and comments on ugliness we should review the sources at hand. If you haven't I'm not sure you should be posting. Thanks to DougB for sharing from his fine collection.
    any  one  got a spair k
    people are entitled to there Opinions like has been said its in the eye of the beholder

Without a doubt, a genuine period trumpet banner. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I had a drum skirt with similar totenkopf on it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Well.. I like the backside with the runes.

?

Quote by jHAM View Post
    If you haven't I'm not sure you should be posting.
    LOL. Its called an internet forum.

Quote by Scout View Post
    totally agree
    when one criticizes , another makes efforts to demonstrate and contrast the wrong ,and makes others involving.
    and in the end you get the truth and more information than you asked.
    is the test of trial and error.

boring would only hear, true or is false of one person "experten" without more data and contrasts.
    Jedem das Seine

Quote by Scout View Post
    This forum aspires to secure a higher level than others. For some of us the inquiry into SS regalia operates with the goal of knowledge, not a inventory about
    how an individual "feels" about something.

There are other websites for such activity, and those whose chief goal is "to like" or sophomoric high jinx are better served elsewhere.

We also wish to see important, authentic material, which John Pepera had in his life and he shared it with others.

Thanks to Doug B for sharing some of the treasure from his collection.

Finally, a very wise man who taught me much of what I know said: "never laugh at the past," If you do so, you assure that someone ten years or even six months from now will surely
    laugh at you.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    What the???? .... that skull's been hit with the ugly stick!!!!!! - even the bones look like Pluto's paws.

Sorry but it leaves me cold ....brrr.
    Unqualified Knock here....

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    Not only hit with the ugly stick, but beat mercilessly with it. I don't have a good feeling about this one.

Quote by Nathan362 View Post
    The bones look like cartoon dog paws. The skull does look a bit gimpy too, but what do I know?

* I just realized I pretty much ripped off Danmark 10 minutes after his comment... ooppps.*
    Unqualified and acknowledged knock here

Quote by Danmark View Post
    ... and it looks nothing like the one in the photo!

THAT one doesnt look like a child drew it. ( especially the bones )
    Unqualified knock knock here.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Gentlemen, they are most definitely real. The one Hawkins shows is I believe an earlier version of the TK's used by the LAH but is not the "winking skull". These are very original, and IMO very beautiful and based in part perhaps on this very early Hussaren TK, the rarest and oldest German TK known which resides in my good friends collection over at Kaiser's Bunker. To see the craftsmanship of the winking skull trumpet banner and schellenbaum in person is quite the experience. Shown are a couple of period photos of good examples of the banner for the trumpet and drum wrap.
    Qualified acknowledgement here

Quote by DougB View Post
    To go with the early trumpet banner and the skull of this being the pre-"winking" skull, here is the pre-SS eagle, the SA Eagle that went with your aforementioned early trumpet banner. Also of note in your photo Hawkins is the very very early LAH helmet with the scalloped tricolour. The soldier in the pic below wears the same, showing this is about 1933-ish I would guess.

They switched to the beautiful "winking skull" and SS eagle in 1934 I believe.

Attachment 676728
    Informational acknowledgement here

And the reportedly qualified with a knock on an original drum skirt here.

Quote by DougB View Post
    This I believe is a crude reproduction.
    So the qualified, has essentially done the same as the unqualified in knocking a piece here. So what is to be the standard for knocking items?. If your qualified you can be wrong? or all knocking should be discussed and credentials displayed. Not being a wise guy but that is how this thread went.

Thanks to those who have shown original material and period documentation.

This is how one learns.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by ajax3985 View Post

Unqualified and acknowledged knock here

Unqualified knock knock here.

Qualified acknowledgement here

Informational acknowledgement here

And the reportedly qualified with a knock on an original drum skirt here.

So the qualified, has essentially done the same as the unqualified in knocking a piece here. So what is to be the standard for knocking items?. If your qualified you can be wrong? or all knocking should be discussed and credentials displayed. Not being a wise guy but that is how this thread went.
    the last part says a lot

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast