Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

any one got a spair $30k

Article about: The winking skull (in an old photo of mine) on the reverse of the Schellenbaum banner. Of note I am told by those that collect these sorts of things that the D IV matching trumpet banner and

The ability to produce hand wire embroidery that was produced during the 3rd Reich is now a lost art. That is why it is important to study period work as it is the best information for making a judgement on the authenticity of an item.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement any  one  got a spair k
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The ability to produce hand wire embroidery that was produced during the 3rd Reich is now a lost art. That is why it is important to study period work as it is the best information for making a judgement on the authenticity of an item.
    Bob,

Maybe your right, but there is an awful lot of thievery going on so you have many naive and uneducated collectors out there. But I must say and I do notice the change in the way the material is handled. Its o.k to shoot a room full of SS material and most I can identify and tell the level of collector but no one is posting any macro's or pieces on internet boards. Common CT's, Dachau insignia, etc, etc. But when it comes to rare SS its all back door photo's. I am not so sure how lost of an art it is really in some cases. Building an ancient pyramid is a lost art. Passing a 20k CT to someone? its not out of the question anymore.

Thankfully not quite a lost art: Toye & Co ยป Home
    You can find a couple of videos on YouTube about this marvellous old British firm of Toye, Kenning and Spencer if you search under Toye and Company.
    d'Alquen

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The German armed forces of today wear hand embroidered cuff titles (on both cuffs...) which are made in Pakistan.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6