Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any Real Britisches Freikorps insignia survive

Article about: by big ned Therein pops up an interesting thought. What would have been inscribed on Himmler's personal Totenkopfring? My guess would be that it said "One ring to rule them all". (

CBH
    ?

Default Any Real Britisches Freikorps insignia survive

I've seen many amazing items on this site . And I was wondering if any Britisches Freikorps insignia survived the war , I know there is lots of fakes out there . But I thought if there is any , someone here might have it ,or know it's out there . Just a question please move this if would be better placed else where . Thanks
    Cheers Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any Real Britisches Freikorps insignia survive
    P
    Many

Default Re: Any Real Britisches Freikorps insignia survive

They're going to be ultra rare, if i remember in total there were only 50-60 men who joined the unit, some only lasting a matter of days.

CBH
    ?

I've read 58 total 3 Canadians , 3 Australians , 3 South Africans and 1 New Zealander . Some fought with Nordland in the battle of Berlin . I've seen Sepp Dietrich insignia here and he was just one man . I just figured here would be the place to see it if it still survived .
    Cheers

Quote by CBH View Post
    I've seen many amazing items on this site . And I was wondering if any Britisches Freikorps insignia survived the war , I know there is lots of fakes out there . But I thought if there is any , someone here might have it ,or know it's out there . Just a question please move this if would be better placed else where . Thanks
    Cheers Chris
    There was one tunic that made it to new zealand was used in a court martial .The tunic later was lent out to a school theater , Never to be seen again .. the holy grail down here .Photo of Roy courlander wearing it
    Attached Images Attached Images Any Real Britisches Freikorps insignia survive 

Quote by CBH View Post
    I've read 58 total 3 Canadians , 3 Australians , 3 South Africans and 1 New Zealander . Some fought with Nordland in the battle of Berlin . I've seen Sepp Dietrich insignia here and he was just one man . I just figured here would be the place to see it if it still survived .
    Cheers
    Hopefully there's something out there!..

?

Would it be fair to say that Britisches Freikorps uniforms and insignia is the rarest of SS collectibles?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Would it be fair to say that Britisches Freikorps uniforms and insignia is the rarest of SS collectibles?
    as hen"s teeth
    Courlander and another man, Francis Maton, left the BFC by volunteering for service with the war correspondent unit SS-Standarte Kurt Eggers, which was operating on the Western Front. Their ultimate goal was to make for the Allied lines at the first chance. Courlander removed all of the BFC insignia from their uniforms, replacing them with the standard SS patches and rank. The two men boarded a train for Brussels in the company of a Flemish Waffen-SS unit. On 3 September, the two men arrived in Brussels, where they went into hiding rather than face the advancing Allied army. The following day, they gave themselves up to a British officer, thus becoming the first two BFC men to be arrested

I think the only way one will turn up is if its sitting in some box in a Museum .. i read a story the other day in the spiegel ( german mag ) How there was over 20000+ nazi items still boxed up in just the berlin Museum

Quote by Adrian View Post
    It's certainly hard to think of anything rarer. (Unless one counts, say, Himmler's personal honor ring.)
    This discussion on the other forum is of interest here: British Free Corps Collar Tab - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It's certainly hard to think of anything rarer. (Unless one counts, say, Himmler's personal honor ring.)
    Hi Andreas,

Therein pops up an interesting thought. What would have been inscribed on Himmler's personal Totenkopfring? All were annotated S.lb. (Seinem lieben, or roughly translated 'To his beloved') the recipients name followed by a date significant to Nazism, and awarded from the year 1933 until 1944.

I may be wrong, but I would assume Himmler would have had the first, or one of the first, rings awarded in 1933. There was only one date awarded that year being 24.12.33, the Christmas Eve celebration.

So what would have been engraved on his Totenkopf ring? Anything at all? His name and the date, nothing else? Afterall he couldn't really have it inscribed 'S.lb. Himmler 24.12.33 H.Himmler' could he? Even the thought of him awarding himself an Honor ring is kind of odd.

And I wonder what would be thought if it were ever found? How could anyone prove if it were his? Would it be dismissed as a strange anomaly or even a fake!

I look forward to other's musings on this matter, as it is suddenly taxing me...

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any Real Britisches Freikorps insignia survive  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I believe that technically they should be referred to as 'British Free Corp', and not the German equivalant as that is what was on the cuff title. A collar tab was sold a few years ago;

For sale, the deadly three lions badge of the British SS | Mail Online

I can't comment on its originality but it appears to have sold for £7400 so somebody thought it was good!

A good link about the British Free Corp

British Free Corps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast