Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Are any of these Cuff Titles real? Please Help

Article about: hey guys, I just got some of my grandfathers collection who passed and I'm trying to verify wether some cuff titles are real or not. I have 9 total and here are 3 of them. Any help is GREATL

gorgon2k
    ?

Default Are any of these Cuff Titles real? Please Help

hey guys, I just got some of my grandfathers collection who passed and I'm trying to verify wether some cuff titles are real or not. I have 9 total and here are 3 of them. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are any of these Cuff Titles real? Please Help   Are any of these Cuff Titles real? Please Help  

Are any of these Cuff Titles real? Please Help   Are any of these Cuff Titles real? Please Help  

Are any of these Cuff Titles real? Please Help   Are any of these Cuff Titles real? Please Help  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Are any of these Cuff Titles real? Please Help

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Several things:

The only SS cuff title here is the RFSS. This is a fake.

The Jagdgeschwader Richthofen is a Luftwaffe title and is also a fake.

The Afrikakorps title is Heer (Army) and is possibly original, but personally speaking I find this particular woven style, with the long loose thread and oversized looped threads to the reverse, a little odd. Second one to feature in the forum this week. From the front it looks fine. I would like to hear more from members who have owned one the same as this for some time.

PLEASE don't use outside hosting. I have cropped, straightened and uploaded your pics to the forum.

Cheers, Ade.

gorgon2k
    ?

hey thanks alot, i'm going to post the 6 others i have. I'll upload them to here like you sugested.

Thanks! I look forwards to seeing them. If possible do a separate thread on each subject matter. Then if they are in the wrong forum, I can move them easier

Cheers, Ade.