Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Article from 1977 on Nazi regalia trade.

Article about: A perspective from when I hit my stride as a collector. Circa 1977....complete with bell bottoms and side burns, but I hated the pants and the facial hair. Davide Delich furnished me this ar

?

Here's the scoop on the "collector" alluded to in the first article:
    Frederick Cowan | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Article from 1977 on Nazi regalia trade.
    P
    Many

Quote by Arran View Post
    Here's the scoop on the "collector" alluded to in the first article:
    Frederick Cowan | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers
    Jeez he was a fecking charmer wasn't he!....

We're in very good company, that's for sure. Cowan more or less corresponds to the image most have of people who collect Nazi regalia, but my purpose was to add context with Dave Delich's article here to this thing, where many here were not alive in 1977, to say nothing of grappling with the dynamics of collecting. The late 1970s marked a turning point with the Nazi regalia trade where inflation ruled the day and the price of these things took off, and the collector biotope became more organized and stratified. I recall this process quite well. The thing with the murderer is hardly my focus, however.

Hello !
    In the 70's, I wasin London and saw Chris Farlow's shop, wonderfull. All was easy, of course in the 80's it was harder, and I stoped for a while in 1991...

Article from 1977 on Nazi regalia trade.Article from 1977 on Nazi regalia trade.
    Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Excellent, thank you
    Thanks. A very nice article which brings back memories. I bought a wonderful Lubstein Panzer cap in the Portobello Road in London in 1971 for all of thirty seven dollars U.S. It was a wonderful cap. I met Andrew Mollo that summer, too, and bought his books from him.
    I traded the Lubstein Pz cap away the next year as part of a deal for a black SS uniform. Wistful memories.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Wistful memories.
    That might be a fun topic someday - "Wistful Memories" -

Recalled vividly in color - or terrifying in the dark - I bet many of us would have some great tales to tell . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Article from 1977 on Nazi regalia trade.  

Thank you for the pleasing collage and the artistic interpretation. Well done.

Article from 1977 on Nazi regalia trade.I am sure that for the younger set, the nostalgia some of us old and doddering men come to manifest causes much irritation, but such follows with old age and the stock taking that is the norm. I mean, watch Orson Welles in Citizen Kane with his sled to get my point.
    Moreover, I never cease to be amazed at the scope and thrust of all of this today compared to an innocent time. I could never have dreamed in my young days of such things as operate today, nor have imagined the collection I have been able to assemble. Nor the collections I have been able to see, in turn. I especially like the tone of the 1970 British article. It manifests a lack of cant and is free of the sniggering cynicism which is the norm today. And, in former times, there was far less of the beggar-thy-neighbor and end of days cultural hysteria and class war clap trap that have also infected all of this to the detriment of all.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-12-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2