Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in Austria

Article about: I bought this new work from a leading scholar while I was in Vienna. We take interest here in the SS in Austria prior to 1938 and thereafter.

Default Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in Austria

I bought this new work from a leading scholar while I was in Vienna.

We take interest here in the SS in Austria prior to 1938 and thereafter.

Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in Austria

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in Austria
    P
    Many

or..... this rather tendentious statement....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LLhamkxnEE

Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in AustriaI also bought this work on Odilo Globocnik

- - ------- - -

Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in AustriaI also bought this book on a theme close to my heart.

- - ------- - -

ooops.

very nice books F-B.

?

I wish I could read German or they had translated works of these books available.

Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in AustriaAustrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in AustriaAustrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in AustriaAustrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in AustriaAustrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in AustriaAustrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in AustriaTruth be told, I do not really buy books much in the US, since I like book stores, so what I share here is more likely to be in German.
    These book stores still exist in Berlin and Vienna, whereas in my native land, they are being stamped out with joy.
    The bulk of new, path breaking work on the SS is done in German, and there is a lot on the Waffen SS, especially. When I find these works, I highlight them here.
    I assume that some of it will get translated, but since publishing is all up in the air nowadays, I am not sure about that statement.
    In the old days, when I started out as a professional historian, you could reckon that the literature in German would often make it into English. Such was in the high cold war, with a strong trans Atlantic research community of German studies at universities.
    What with the decline of interest in Europe in North America and such, and, as I say, the upside down world of publishing, none of my 20th century assumptions still hold. German studies, as near as I can tell in higher learning, is croaking of old age, which is quite sad.
    If you are a serious SS collector, the simple answer is to learn German. The effort pays out huge rewards.
    It is also possible to immerse yourself via satellite and the internet in spoken German versus how I learned it in the late 1960s.

Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in AustriaAustrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in AustriaAustrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in AustriaAustrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in AustriaAustrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in AustriaThe July 1934 Putsch book is very good. The main thesis being that Hitler had a direct hand in it versus the plausible deniable thesis of yore, somewhat akin to the Crimean and otherwise issues of the present. Bauer has written other books on this theme, all of which are path breaking and superb.

The kicker for me, though, when I am in Vienna, I live in the part of town where the Putsch was mounted, and have passed the locale many hundred times. Only recently did I realize the connection, in fact.

Juli 1934 Putsch, Oesterreich/ SS-SA Austria against the Dollfuss Staendestaat

Fluency in German and a thirst for knowledge have proven themselves to be my most profitable tools in this hobby...
    For those who do not speak German, I highly recommend keeping a German/English Dictionary on hand...Fact is, if you've been involved in this hobby for a number of years, you probably already know more German than you are aware of...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in Austria  Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in Austria  Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in Austria  Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in Austria  Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in Austria  Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in Austria  Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in Austria  Austrian SS and the July 1934 Putsch in Austria 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast