Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Austrian ss man..

Article about: Hi....im new again to this site so I hope I have posted this post in the correct place...Im would like some help with this photo if possible... The questions im trying to answer are.....What

Thank you for the reply

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian ss man..
    P
    Many

Thank you for the reply and help..

Where did the image go?

MAP
    ?

Gone for me too FB...Seems like it was deleted or it was originally never uploaded and only linked via a photo host.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Gone for me too FB...Seems like it was deleted or it was originally never uploaded and only linked via a photo host.
    Thus rendering another thread useless....

May I ask the thread starter to please re-upload it? Otherwise the moderators might as well delete the thread altogether.

?

While not the photo in question here is an interesting image of a famous Austrian SS officer.
    Austrian ss man..

Thanks

Bravo, well done and you have saved the thread..!!!

In echoing the slightly frustrating hindrance experienced by other members may I suggest that you please upload photos in the correct manner so they stay on the page for the benefits of those who cannot access the post immediately.

Many thanks

I would have to agree with the general ideas here on an Austrian man joining the SS. Although there must have existed a certain level of Austrian nationalism and bitterness after the recent 1938 Anschluss, I see no reason why an Austrian man would not join the Schutzstaffel - Many nationalities joined the organisation and they obviously did not have hindsight in regards to the criminality of many contingents.

We have explored the dynamics of the SS in Austria in many threads. In fact, the SS was present in Austria from the late 1920s, and continued to operate despite its prohibition in 1933/4. Many Austrian SS men emigrated to Germany, or were imprisoned by the Staendestaat regime. The English language works on this theme are not plentiful, but it is an interesting topic and a longstanding interest of mine.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-08-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    In fact, the SS was present in Austria from the late 1920s, and continued to operate despite its prohibition in 1933/4.
    One of my favorite stories, deals much with a few of these very same fella's . . . who lay in waiting for the Anschluss - and at the very same time it occurred - broke into the Schatzenkammer, whisking away that tiny, little piece of pointed iron . . . and sent it back to Nürnberg for their Führer. The tunnels under that city - in which it was subsequently hidden - offer a curious few hours of intrigue, to the modern-day tourist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast