Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Austrian ss man..

Article about: Hi....im new again to this site so I hope I have posted this post in the correct place...Im would like some help with this photo if possible... The questions im trying to answer are.....What

missing photos...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian ss man..   Austrian ss man..  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian ss man..
    P
    Many

Many thanks for re-posting the photograph.

That confirms he died in 1944 (note the "+" behind the year).

"Bruder Pepi" means "brother Pepi"; "Pepi" being one of various affectionate forms for the name Josef/Joseph.

By the way: I assume you know his last name. So; have you checked the online database of the German War Graves Commission ( Gräbersuche-Online )?

You might be able to find the date and place of his death and the place where he is buried.

(No guarantees, of course, as not all war dead are catalogued, but it is worth a try.)

?

Austrian were also in 24. SS Karstjager....

We have got know where with the name but we now know his name was Josef Platter....thank you for taking the time to reply and helping me with the info ...I knew members on this site would have the info I'm looking for or helping me....great site with great knowledge of its members...thank you once again.

Quote by baronvonbee View Post
    We have got know where with the name but we now know his name was Josef Platter....
    Then, unfortunately, he is not in the Volksbund database.

They do list three men named Josef Platter. However, one died in WW1. The other two were a Gefreiter (born 21st April 1920 / died 4th Feb. 1945) and an Obergefreiter (born 1st Jan. 1919 / died 4th April 1945). Those are army- rather than SS ranks and the year of death does not match either, so none of them was your relative.

Still, it was worth a try.

Thank you for your help....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3