Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Austrian SS unit of what date?

Article about: One of our moderators posted this image. May I assume that this is an upper Austrian and or Tirolese SS man prior to the banishment of said entities via the Dolfuss regime in 1933 in either

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    I understand but wouldn't he have small differences in his uniform and hat exempt of the collartab off course?
    No, I do not think so. The Austrian SS men of the epoch 1930-1933 I have seen wore a more or less identical uniform.
    You will note that, in a sense, this uniform was an Austrian invention, in fact, with the advent of the brown shirt and so forth
    in the year 1924-5, when the SA apparently withdrew from Munich to Salzburg. The NSDAP was banned in Dollfuss Austria
    in 1933 and the SA and SS mounted a putsch in the summer of 1934, whereupon the SA and SS leadership and rank and file took refuge
    in Bavaria, where they made for a constant uproar.

Wim or Mr. d'Alquen may have another interpretation, but I follow the SA and SS in Austria with some care, as it is a hobby horse of mine.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian SS unit of what date?
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for the excellent information, wie immer.
    I am still far away from this bulk of knowledge. Thx.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Thanks for the excellent information, wie immer.
    I am still far away from this bulk of knowledge. Thx.
    Bulk is right. Thanks for the thanks, but I do not know as much as some other people around the joint.

I do not readily have images of the SA and SS in Austria prior to its prohibition, but I have seen many images, indeed.

If I have time, I will post some. We have them here in the past. Maybe my friend ErWeSa or Andreas has something germane.

All the best

There is small information which I know Wim may be able support ..the at least the SA Gruppe Ostereich "Oe" fled as Friedrich has stated and reformed into the SA Gruppe "Nw" Nordwest Hilfeswerke...keeping the OE guys under another identity and migrated back unto the SA population within Germany.

I don't know the outcome of the Austrian SS which Friedrich and our other advanced teachers may be able to answer.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    There is small information which I know Wim may be able support ..the at least the SA Gruppe Ostereich "Oe" fled as Friedrich has stated and reformed into the SA Gruppe "Nw" Nordwest Hilfeswerke...keeping the OE guys under another identity and migrated back unto the SA population within Germany.

I don't know the outcome of the Austrian SS which Friedrich and our other advanced teachers may be able to answer.

Regards Larry
    I do not have time to examine this here and now. When I am able, I shall, but, in the meantime, others will provide the needed data among our able colleagues.
    It is a complicated and important story. I do not know the sources in English. I follow them from Austrian scholarly publishers and so forth.
    Or from post 1938 accounts published in the Ostmark.Austrian SS unit of what date?

Here is Frau Dr Prof Rothlaender, whose work I admire and which contains all answers to this issue.
    Whether any of her work is in English is beyond my knowledge. One of you can look it up!

Die „Österreichische Legion“ in den Jahren 1933 – 1938
    1938, Österreichische Legion

Projektleiter: Prof. Mag. Dr. Anton Staudinger
    Mitarbeiter: Dr. Hans Schafranek
    Finanziert durch den Fonds zur Förderung der wissenschaftlichen Forschung.
    Abgeschlossen 1998

Projektbeschreibung

Mit dem Verbot der NSDAP in Österreich (Juni 1933) setzte eine Fluchtelle von NS-Anhänger ein, deren militanter Kern sich – in verschiedenen Lagern Bayerns ausgebildet – zur „Österreichischen Legion“ formiert. Die wissenschaftlich noch kaum erforschte Geschicte dieser überwiegend aus SA-Mitgliedern bestehenden Söldnertruppe – zeitweilig 10.000 Mann – soll im übergeordneten Kontext der deutsch-österreichischen Beziehungen nach 1933 untersucht werden, stellten doch die gegen Österreich gerichteten, detailliert zu erforschenden Aktivitäten der „Legion“ einen beständig innen- wie außenpolitischen Unruhefaktor dar. Gleichermaßen agierte die „Österreichische Legion“ besonders in den Jahren 1933/34 im Spannungsfeld rivalisierender Parteiinstanzen und staatlicher Behörden (bayrische Landespolitik versus Richsbehörden; Konflikte zwischen SA und SS; politische Gegensätze und Rivalitäten zwischen Landesleitung der österr. NSDAP und SA …).

Fragestellungen: Organisierung von Fluchtwegen nach Bayern; organisatorische Binnenstruktur und militärische Ausbildung in Lechfeld und anderen Lagern; Darstellung der legionsinternen konfliktpotentiale und des breiten Spektrums von Disziplinierungs- und Repressionsmaßnahmen gegenüber unbotmäßigen Legionsangehörigen bzw. vermeintlichen „Verrätern“; Unterstützung bayrischer SA-Einheiten bei terroristischen „Strafexpeditionen“, Finanzierung der „Legion“; Schmuggel von NS-Propagandamaterial, Waffen und Sprengstoff über die österr. Grenze; Grenzzwischenfälle und sonstige bewaffnete Auseinandersetzungen; politische Auswirkungen des 30.6.1934 bzw. 25.7.1934 auf die „Legion.

Zweitens soll der Funktionswandel durch die 1935 erfolgte Umbildung der „Legion“ zum „Hilfswerk Nordwest“ untersucht werden, sowie deren Rolle nach dem „Anschluß“ 1938.

Zudem Analyse und Darstellung sozialgeschichtlicher Aspekte: Motive für die Flucht nach Deutschland und den Eintritt in die „Legion“; soziale Zusammensetzung, Altersstruktur, regionale Herkunft; politische Sozialisation in unterschiedlichen Gruppierungen des rechtsextremen Spektrums.
    zurück
    Trackback-Adresse
    Termine
    22 März 2017
    22.3. Norman Domeier: Die Kollaboration von Associated Press (AP) und Drittem Reich 1942-1945
    23 März 2017
    23.3. - INTERAKTIONEN - Anna-Raphaela SCHMITZ: Rudolf Höß – Handlungspraxis, Beziehungsstrukturen und Privatleben eines KZ-Kommandanten
    24 März 2017
    Im Zeichen der drei Deklarationen… Der Adel in den Jahren der Bedrohung des tschechoslowakischen Staates durch den Nationalsozialismus

Fachbereichsbibliothek Zeitgeschichte
    Forum "Zeitgeschichte der Universität Wien"
    Heinz von Foerster Gesellschaft
    Institut Wiener Kreis
    Österreichische Gesellschaft für Zeitgeschichte
    SPL 7 – Geschichte
    StRV Geschichte
    Studienplan-Wiki
    U:FIND – Vorlesungsverzeichnis / Personenverzeichnis
    U:SPACE – Studierendenportal ab 15.6.2015
    univis-online
    Verein zur wissenschaftlichen Aufarbeitung der Zeitgeschichte

Project description

With the prohibition of the NSDAP in Austria (June 1933), a flotilla of Nazi supporters set up, whose militant nucleus - formed in various camps in Bavaria - formed as the "Austrian Legion". The scarcely researched history of this mercenary group of 10,000 members of the SA-members, which is still scarcely explored, is to be investigated in the superordinate context of the German-Austrian relations after 1933, but the activities of the "Legion" directed against Austria continued to be investigated in detail The "Austrian Legion", particularly in the years 1933/34, was active in the field of tension between rival party instances and state authorities (Bavarian state policy versus rulers, conflicts between SA and SS, political opposites and rivalries between the NSDAP's regional leadership) And SA ...).

Issues: Organization of escape routes to Bavaria; Organizational internal structure and military training in Lechfeld and other camps; Presentation of the internal conflict potentials and the wide range of disciplinary and repressive measures against unlawful members of the legion or alleged "traitors"; Support for Bavarian SA units in terrorist "criminal expeditions", financing of the "Legion"; Smuggling of Nazi propaganda materials, weapons and explosives over the Austrian border; Border conflicts and other armed conflicts; Political effects of 30 June 1934 and 25 July 1934 on the "Legion.

Secondly, the change of function is to be investigated by the transformation of the "Legion" to the "Hilfswerk Nordwest" ("Hilfswerk Nordwest") in 1935, as well as its role after the "Anschluss" in 1938.

Analysis and presentation of socio-historical aspects: motives for the flight to Germany and entry into the "Legion"; Social composition, age structure, regional origin; Political socialization in different groups of the right-wing extremist spectrum.
    back
    Trackback address

The over heated story of these men is told in this trilogy. I owned the SA uniform of one of these Woltersdorf SA leaders who then worked at Steyr.Austrian SS unit of what date?

Naturally, read the real history books on this subject, which is highly compelling to me, at least. When I live in Vienna, which I do for some weeks each year,
    I stay in the neighborhood whence the Putschists set out in July 1934 to rub out Dolfuss, though they later claimed they did not really mean it and so forth.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-23-2017 at 01:33 AM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    We have a nice picture album of the Austrian Legion types of the SS Sammelstelle and other refugees post the July 1934 Putsch which certain persons have shown here.
    I think these are from the album you have in mind. The kepi with the second type skull is not often seen. Thanks for showing us.
    Austrian SS unit of what date?Austrian SS unit of what date?Austrian SS unit of what date?Austrian SS unit of what date?Austrian SS unit of what date?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast