Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Background SS Langemarck units - units, wore this cufftitle until 1945?

Article about: Hi, folks! I'm very interested in the historical background of those Waffen-SS units which were authorized to wear the Langemarck cufftitle until the end of the war? I have wondered if the L

Default Background SS Langemarck units - units, wore this cufftitle until 1945?

Hi, folks!
    I'm very interested in the historical background of those Waffen-SS units which were authorized to wear the Langemarck cufftitle until the end of the war?

I have wondered if the Langemarck cufftitle was just worn by the Flemish volunteers of the 27. SS-Freiwilligen-Grenadier-Division „Langemarck"?
    ..or were there also German units which wore this cufftitle until the end of 1945?
    or at least Germans within the 27. "Langemarck" who wore this cufftitle without the volunteer lion shield?

I came across this photo which shows the German SS soldier Franz Kiener with a Langemarck cufftitle, of course also not wearing the volunteer shield on the sleeve. I guess the photo was taken around 1941/42 - Later he joined the "Das Reich" Division as a tanker, so from then on his Langemarck cufftitle changed to a "Das Reich" one.
    Background SS Langemarck units - units, wore this cufftitle until 1945? Background SS Langemarck units - units, wore this cufftitle until 1945?

My question is, were there German SS soldiers who wore the Langemarck cufftitle until the end of the war?
    Perhaps could there be any possibility to find an untouched SS tunic with a Langemarck cufftitle present?

I would well appreciate if you share your knowledge, thanks!
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Background SS Langemarck units - units, wore this cufftitle until 1945?
    P
    Many

German cadre personnel serving with a foreign SS formation that was authorized a distinctive cuff title were to wear that cuff title.

Furthermore, W-SS personnel who had previously belonged to a unit authorized a cuff title and who were subsequently re-assigned to a unit not (or not yet) authorized one continued to wear the cuff title of their previous assignment. (Originally, this was an unofficial practice, which was later officially authorized.)

So, any German SS member serving with Langemarck would have worn that cuff title for the duration of his assignment and, in case of transfer to a unit without a cuff title of its own, even beyond that time.

Many thanks for your kind explanation! I well appreciate that!

I also wondered if the Langemarck Division fought until the end of the war? Are there still tunics with a Langemarck cufftitle out there,
    I've never seen one in any collection..

They are and even now and then some get offered for sale.
    I all ready posted them links in previous threats regarding Flemmish voulunteers;
    The Flemish Legion - Langemarck » 2007 » August
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Those volunteer tunics are simply outstanding! Thanks for your support!

I've also read something about the SS-Totenkopf-Regiment 11, SS-Infanterie Regiment (mot.) called Standarte 4 "Langemarck" which was part of the Das Reich Division. This unit was authorized to wear the Langemarck cufftitle, this Regiment replaced the "Germania" within the Das Reich Division. But, the SS-Infanterie-Regiment 11 (motorisiert) "Langemarck" was almost completely decimated end of 1941 in Russia.
    The remnants of this "Langemarck" Regiment were assigned to the Regiments "Deutschland" and "Der Führer" then, am I right?

What I'd like to know, were there any German units since then (end of 1941) which were authorized to wear the
    Langemarck cufftitle until the end of the war?
    Or was it only the 27. SS-Freiwilligen-Grenadier-Division „Langemarck“
    which started in 1944 or even a bit earlier, 1943 as Sturmbrigade „Langemarck"?

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge!