Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Baltic Kroegar ring,SS

Article about: Hello, Are there aryone who knows anything about the baltic SS german Kroegar rings.What I heard it was designed by Himmler and returned to Wevelsberg Castle where they were blasted into a h

Default Baltic Kroegar ring,SS

Hello,
    Are there aryone who knows anything about the baltic SS german Kroegar rings.What I heard it was designed by Himmler and returned to Wevelsberg Castle where they were blasted into a hillside near this SS shrine of a castle.the last count on them was 3000 owned by mostly veterans and Russians who found them in the Eastern front.I happen to have one of these rare original rings and want to get some idea what it is worth and if there is any interest in it at all?
    It isd in wonderful condition and has the name of SS mann H.flick.Plus of course himlers facsimiled name as well.
    does anyone out there know anything about these rings?
    please advise,
    paul

Thank you,
    I am a museum curator for the Roy Utah's Historical Museum and would very much like some info.
    Danke
    Last edited by Paul D; 05-30-2012 at 07:56 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Baltic Kroegar ring,SS
    P
    Many

Default Re: Baltic Kroegar ring,SS

It sounds like you are talking about the SS Honor Ring. They are quite valuable(in the 6-10K range,depending on the name of the recipient, condition,etc) but unfortunately, because of this, they have and are being heavily faked. Some of the fakes, of late, have been getting pretty damn good. They are, as a rule, very cautiously approached and then, usually, only when bullet proof provenance is available.

Also, as I see that you are a fairly new poster, I should advise you STRONGLY to Never post your email address and phone number in a public forum posting. There are many "not nice" people that regularly troll sites like this for equally not nice purposes. If you need to have someone contact you from here, it is suggested that you use the private message system they have here for this.

I did do a very quick look around, by the way, and if your ring has "01.12.34 H.Flick" it is, unfortunately, one of the very many fakes out there, as this particular name and date is a well known copy.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 05-30-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

If the ring is inscribed 'Slb. Kroeger 21.12.43 H.Himmler' it is a low cost reproduction for the collector market
    to the higher end of bogus rings available today.

It is cast in .925 silver and is made in Canada; they retail for around $125.

As for the name as you quote it' h.Flick.' this is wrong too. A recipients name was never applied with the first initial (even in lower case!), then the surname followed by a stop '.' It should only ever read 'Slb. Flick (date) H.Himmler' There is no record of an SS man named 'Flick' as having been awarded the TK ring at anytime, as of this moment either.
    Pictures would be of a considerable help of course in verifying all aspects of the ring.

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 05-30-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: The forum died as I was editing my post..
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Must be Herr Flicks ring Ned !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Must be Herr Flicks ring Ned !!
    The incontrovertible truth for this assertation would be if Lt. Gruber can be proven to have had his finger in it....
    Attached Images Attached Images Baltic Kroegar ring,SS 
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

bering
    ?

@Wagriff
    @big ned

you mean, copy like this one? please see attached pics (it's another "original"?)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Baltic Kroegar ring,SS  
    Attached Images Attached Images Baltic Kroegar ring,SS  Baltic Kroegar ring,SS  Baltic Kroegar ring,SS  Baltic Kroegar ring,SS 

Fakety, fakety fake.

Quote by bering View Post
    @Wagriff
    @big ned

you mean, copy like this one? please see attached pics (it's another "original"?)
    Bingo!