Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Basket Weave SS Generals Shoulder boards on sale on EMEDALS.

Article about: These are currently on sale On The EMEDALS site, not the basic type?? But the Basket Weave. The “basketweave” with silver inner cord. Typically these inner silver cords are made in the “sout

Default Basket Weave SS Generals Shoulder boards on sale on EMEDALS.

These are currently on sale On The EMEDALS site, not the basic type?? But the Basket Weave.

Basket Weave SS Generals Shoulder boards on sale on EMEDALS.Basket Weave SS Generals Shoulder boards on sale on EMEDALS.Basket Weave SS Generals Shoulder boards on sale on EMEDALS.Basket Weave SS Generals Shoulder boards on sale on EMEDALS.

The “basketweave” with silver inner cord. Typically these inner silver cords are made in the “soutache” pattern, which is “V” shaped. They were made and used during the Third Reich, as there are numerous documented pieces in collections. All of that said, the Waffen SS did not seem to vary as much in the style of Generals shoulderboards that were used. Typically they all look like the boards on the picture below utilizing a matte gold that by now has age darkened. Of course, they also used celleon boards, like all of the other armed services, but for whatever reason most of what you encounter in SS Generals boards, either in period photos, loose insignia or uniforms, is that matte gold. So, boards like these with the basketweave will be approached with caution by most advanced SS collectors as not being “typical” of what you encounter with SS….which is true. I’m sure this style has also been copied, so one has to proceed with caution like with anything else. Personally, I wouldn’t buy them in that style for SS, but that is just my choice.

Standard SS TYPE.

Basket Weave SS Generals Shoulder boards on sale on EMEDALS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Basket Weave SS Generals Shoulder boards on sale on EMEDALS.
    P
    Many

Definitely not WW2 period original boards. The color alone is way off from the original shown.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob, I have allowed a comment on these.

Quote.
    I’m sure this style has also been copied, so one has to proceed with caution like with anything else. Personally, I wouldn’t buy them in that style for SS, but that is just my choice.

?

Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    Bob, I have allowed a comment on these.

Quote.
    I’m sure this style has also been copied, so one has to proceed with caution like with anything else. Personally, I wouldn’t buy them in that style for SS, but that is just my choice.
    Just exactly what is it that you are looking for ?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Just exactly what is it that you are looking for ?

Steve, as it is not encouraged to Call dealers out for selling items that are of the 4th reich on this forum. I was trying to make the point that the Actual Basket weave board is an original type board or a variant. It was supposed to be an informative posting. Nothing more.

Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    Steve, as it is not encouraged to Call dealers out for selling items that are of the 4th reich on this forum. I was trying to make the point that the Actual Basket weave board is an original type board or a variant. It was supposed to be an informative posting. Nothing more.
    A fake is a fake and if posted on a thread will be identified as such None of us are mind readers so calm down as you did not make your point clear. Regardless, if you post it, expect comments.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.