Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Black Alter Art Cap

Article about: Gentlemen, what's your thoughts about this cap currently for sale from regimentals in England? http://www.regimentals.co.uk/shop/vi...h=41706&phqu=5 A quick search on google came up with

?

Default Black Alter Art Cap

Gentlemen, what's your thoughts about this cap currently for sale from regimentals in England?

http://www.regimentals.co.uk/shop/vi...h=41706&phqu=5

A quick search on google came up with this from Jahres Auktion September 2008.

"Waffen-SS, Schwarze Schirmmütze für Führer 1.750,00 €
    Schwarzer Trikotstoff, weiße Vorstöße, schwarzer Samtbesatzstreifen, Metalladler und Totenkopf, silberne
    Mützenkordel, schwarzer Lederschirm. Schwarzes Baumwollfutter mit Hersteller 'Otto Goldeband, Wien', braunes
    Lederschweißband."

No doubt the same cap.

I'm not concerned with how many hands it's passed through recently, I would just like to hear some honest opinions about the cap itself. I have some doubts but not having owned much of the "black stuff" I'd welcome some advise.

Pics aren't the best. Actually, they're bloody terrible. When will dealers learn that good photos equal good sales!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black Alter Art Cap  
    Attached Images Attached Images Black Alter Art Cap 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Alter Art Cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Black Alter Art Cap

Otto Goldeband is not an unheard of maker. Here's another by him although the logo and diamond differs a lot from the cap in question.

?

The first is absolutely fake, artificially aged, the second, from a first view is not good too, artificial leather sweatband is not good for a period item
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I'm sorry Dimas but you're talking rubbish. An artificial leather sweatband is not good for a period cap? c'mon man, get with it.

?

I mean for a black cap, and I mean presstoff like on the picture. Usually there used an other type of artificial leather, but not a presstoff. I'am sorry for wrong description
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Ok, my fault and I apologise. The second cap is a Luftwaffe visor not a black ss cap. However, I still don't see why you have a problem with ersatz leather bands on any era of German caps? It's a misstake to think that substitute materials were only used late on in the second world war.

Here's a 1920's/30's era cap with a "presstoff" band for example.

Benny,
    I am happy to speak with you here,
    your first cap had a terrible sw, bloody hell !

?

SW?

Let me add my vote to this being a 4th Reich SS cap. Although I never will say never about anything, I would find it unusual for an officer of the SS to have an artificial pressed non leather sweatband
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I think I've totaly confused everyone by posting the second cap by Goldeband which is a Luft cap with artificial leather band.

The black officers cap has a leather band.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast