Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Black Cap

Article about: Hello, I would kindly ask for opinions about this black cap. Best Regards Martin

?

Default Black Cap

Hello,

I would kindly ask for opinions about this black cap.

Best Regards Martin

Black CapBlack CapBlack CapBlack CapBlack CapBlack CapBlack Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Cap
    P
    Many

very nice

I'm afraid it's only really nice if you are looking for a good copy in my opinion.
    d'Alquen

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I'm afraid it's only really nice if you are looking for a good copy in my opinion.
    d'Alquen
    Can you say what you do or don't like about this cap please. I have no clue if it is original or not, but little bit of extra info on what to look out for on these caps never hurt no one!

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    d'Alquen
    I agree. There are issues here that are troubling.

Not good
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black Cap   Black Cap  

Black Cap   Black Cap  

Black Cap  
    Last edited by wizardman; 08-23-2014 at 12:51 AM.

?

This cap may have original insignia, I can not be certain from the photos, but, I do trust carrlsson1982 regarding his opinion of the insignia as this is his center of gravity. The cap itself is an attempt to deceive. The RZM tag is incorrect, this site is full of examples of originals that could serve as a basis for comparison, and, unfortunately, replication. Many other "tells" as well...textiles, markings, technique of manufacture. If I were a betting man I would wager the paste board is not treated. Steer clear of this one.

CMH

Addendum: The Addler looks bad to me once I enlarge the photos.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    This cap may have original insignia, I can not be certain from the photos, but, I do trust carrlsson1982 regarding his opinion of the insignia as this is his center of gravity. The cap itself is an attempt to deceive. The RZM tag is incorrect, this site is full of examples of originals that could serve as a basis for comparison, and, unfortunately, replication. Many other "tells" as well...textiles, markings, technique of manufacture. If I were a betting man I would wager the paste board is not treated. Steer clear of this one.

CMH

Addendum: The Addler looks bad to me once I enlarge the photos.
    Wise observations, but I would ask my colleagues whether we are enjoined to point out all the errors in this case, since our work enables exactly this kind of better fake.
    I try to refrain from total disclosure of all details, since I am very sure that our pictures and our little essays have improved fakes greatly.
    Dr CMH is a fine collector and a gentle colleague, whom I esteem highly.
    The beginner should be very careful with such black SS peaked caps.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Wise observations, but I would ask my colleagues whether we are enjoined to point out all the errors in this case, since our work enables exactly this kind of better fake.
    I try to refrain from total disclosure of all details, since I am very sure that our pictures and our little essays have improved fakes greatly.
    Dr CMH is a fine collector and a gentle colleague, whom I esteem highly.
    The beginner should be very careful with such black SS peaked caps.
    Unfortunately, FB is correct in the fact that the fakers read the forums and use the information within threads to improve their efforts at deceit. Although it is not our usual policy, in fact, it may be a better idea to take a position from a recognized expert on the subject such as FB and then, use our search engine to study the many genuine examples posted there in. It is a method of self education. There is no reason to spoon feed what needs to be corrected to the scoundrals in this hobby.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Black Cap
    Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Unfortunately, FB is correct in the fact that the fakers read the forums and use the information within threads to improve their efforts at deceit. Although it is not our usual policy, in fact, it may be a better idea to take a position from a recognized expert on the subject such as FB and then, use our search engine to study the many genuine examples posted there in. It is a method of self education. There is no reason to spoon feed what needs to be corrected to the scoundrals in this hobby.
    Thank you, Bob. We have had this exchange a number of times. Bob and I were present at the creation of these digital things, and the quality of fakes has marched steadily upward the more we have posted
    images of authentic material. There are other errors with this cap, which I can disclose in a secure setting, but not here for all the world to see.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast