Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)

Article about: This nice piece has apparently traded hands recently and is now on its way to or now resides within a collection in South America. We congratulate the new owner and acknowledge his fine tast

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Bruce Burnham found a stripped or somewhat stripped black tunic in Chicago, which my memory serves, had this name tag.
    I cannot find the images.

It is of no account.

The ideal is an intact piece. The reality is that these things were stripped in order to save them.
    Here is the item I mentioned. I misspoke. The item here appears to be real. Well done.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)
    P
    Many

?

Default Pictures

More detailed pictures of the tunic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)   Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)  

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)   Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)  

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)   Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)  

?

Default More pics

Button reverse.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)  

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Thanks. The unit badge is not put on especially well. The piping has been mashed.

See here on others, correctly applied.

The badges are authentic.

The tunic is also authentic.

How all the bits fit together is another issue, but so long as you did not overpay for the thing, it is fine.

It should likely also have a cuff title. The later, i.e. post mid 1937 alu bordered cuff titles for the Sturm are easy to find and inexpensive.

- - ------- - -

The other thing to do is to find whether this man was in said unit, which is not an impossible task.

If the name Lappen is to be believed, he was in the 11 'ter Sturm of Sta 76.

You need the Sturmband with an 11, ideally, with the alu borders and such.

It should look like this. Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-26-2016 at 04:15 AM.

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)For those unfamiliar with Austrian geography, here is Radstadt, on the road to Gmuend from Salzburg...

- - ------- - -

Our ErWeSa can tell us more, surely, as he is familiar with the neighborhood and a fine thing it is.

The thing could also have an 11 with the colored borders, also, but such would be less likely.

?

Thank you very much for your comments,Mr F-B.
    This tunic came from England.In WAF Robert H and Ian Hulley mentioned they remember seeing this tunic long time ago,but could not find it in their arquives either.It was once for sale at hanasreich,it is still figured there in the tunic section.
    Thanks for your quick Austrian research and data.Beeing an NCO isn"t it more difficult to get information about this man?Would you suggest a source for this task?
    There is no visible sign of a cuff title that have been removed as long as I can see.

Jose

There are various US sites with SS person research. I do not know them all.

Good luck with your collecting.

May I note that the name tag suggests the man was in a Sturm, whether there is sign of the cuff title or not.

Thanks for showing your things.

You will find a lot of black SS material here, and far more and of far better quality than on the other site.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-27-2016 at 01:19 PM.

?

Thanks F-B
    I´m trying to research the tunic, but the researcher asked more photos of the label,as he thinks the name I sent to him was quite strange.
    I´ve written J. Wallhhofer.Do you think it may be Walchhofer?
    Or somethig else?
    Thanks again
    Cheers from Brazil
    Jose

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast