Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)

Article about: This nice piece has apparently traded hands recently and is now on its way to or now resides within a collection in South America. We congratulate the new owner and acknowledge his fine tast

?

If you do choose to post any information, as FB has advised, be sure it is censored of any identifiers that may otherwise do harm to the innocent. I will add that of some postings with censored personal information I have made regarding a named item, the family did reach out to me and request copies of photos of their grandfather as none survived in their possession. After verification of some details not divulged on line, in the private exchange I learned of his fate at the end of the war and, in turn, the family had an image of their grandfather.

Above all and as has been said, be polite and careful.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)
    P
    Many

?

Dear DrCMH
    First of all I would like to thank you for bringing my tunic to be discussed in this fórum.I really appreciated that.Your history is very interesting indeed, hope something similar repeats is this case.Thanks too for Your advices.And sorry for my english...

?

Dear Jose,

Thanks for your thanks. I am glad that you are comfortable with your tunic being shared here, I had hoped I didn't go too far. I think your tunic is a nice example and I figured it would do well to enjoy a deeper analysis on this forum. This site attracts some very knowledgable collectors who are keen on sharing this knowledge as well as their collections. I am sure that forum members would love to see your tunic displayed once it is set up. Please update us as your collection of this material evolves. Don't worry about your English, it is fine. You should hear my German!

Regards,
    CMH

?

Hello
    While still waiting for my tunic research,I started to Wonder how many of these survived the war...
    Would be hundreds?
    Thousands?
    Is there a estimative for this question?
    How rare are they, actually?
    Best
    Jose

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)
    Quote by jose View Post
    Hello
    While still waiting for my tunic research,I started to Wonder how many of these survived the war...
    Would be hundreds?
    Thousands?
    Is there a estimative for this question?
    How rare are they, actually?
    Best
    Jose

You pose a question I have asked myself for decades. Plainly fewer of these things endure today than army uniforms or many other III. Reich uniforms.
    Someone must have a scientific way to compute the issue.
    You can also count all of the extant ones that are more or less shared in the public space in the digital realm as well as in the handful of books published on the theme since about the middle of
    the 1960s. That number is not especially large, actually.
    I really do not know. I have collected these things not as long as Bob Coleman, whose authority I trust.
    The things had to be faked as early as the 1960s, since the ready supply was exhausted at some point earlier and so forth.
    The trick is to find an example with more or less untouched badges, which is a challenge, since the peanut gallery will then pipe up to the effect that all SS uniforms
    are re manufactured, etc.
    Anything connected with the SS is also attached to a big fat controversy, made vastly worse by digital cat fights.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-30-2016 at 03:07 AM.

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)He faked these things in Munich of the early 1960s.

CBH
    ?

Another interesting thing Friedrich had brought to my attention regarding these Black tunics , was their repurposing during the war for use by foreign SS organizations such as Dutch SS etc . It's rather amazing any original pre-war badged tunics exist at all , surviving both the war and the early post-war years . Thank you all for sharing your wonderful rare survivors with us .

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)here or there or everywhere...?

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)or....as likely......nowhere.....

?

Hello all
    These photos were taken by a professional photographer.They do show age to the textiles,as you can see.
    Concerning the VA stamp it is almost washed out, although number 1 is clearly visible. The VA itself is barely visible,it is very tenuous,subtle and only revealed in the high quality photograph,like a shadow.
    There are two small holes.I wonder what this interlaced fabric behind the wool is.
    Any comments wil be very welcome.
    Best Regards
    Jose
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)   Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)  

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)   Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)  

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)   Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)  

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)  

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast