Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.

Article about: Simply beautiful materials in this example. The wool looks superb! I wish that I had this example in my collection as well. CMH

Default Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.

This nice item appeared elsewhere and deserves some notice here, since it is wasted on the other site. Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.

This is an August Mueller Sonderanfertigung from the year 1935, in a nice state of preservation with nice badges. This item was found in eastern France. It is not my property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.

Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.These images of other head wear appeared on the other site, courtesy of colleague Hritz, Toncar, and my friend David Bunde.

This erdbraune or erdgraue (your decide...) cap is property of Mr. Toncar and is also in the Shea Beaver book, noteworthy for its use of a conventional button. I owned a not dissimilar cap, which, also is, I think, illustrated in the Shea Beaver book, but I sold it in the late 1970s.

These items appeared on the lords of the flies locale.

Two really nice caps in really nice condition.

Most of the items I have are a bit more "chewed" than this but as long as they are original, I don't mind.

Also, I would have said that the second cap was erdgrau as I would have expected an erdbraune version to be lighter in colour.

OK, I figured out how I missed it on the other site--it was originally in an insignia thread (why the heck did the owner need to pull the insignia off?!)

One looker--simply the best.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    OK, I figured out how I missed it on the other site--it was originally in an insignia thread (why the heck did the owner need to pull the insignia off?!)

Pulling the insignia off is historical vandalism encouraged by a fetishism about putative variations in insignia which are probably more an accident or fluke than the symbol of design.

In any case, a marvelous Mueller cap of early make. I wish I owned it, though I have others not unlike it.

Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.Black Sonderanfertigung cap from the mad house site.I own many SS caps, truth be told, and I have not pried the insignia off in about three decades.

Outstanding cap, the gloss peak is mesmirizing.

?

A superb original hat!
    Last edited by BenVK; 06-08-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Quote by stonemint View Post

I must agree that anyone who would take perfectly original insignia off this cap to show the reverse markings is a total moron. As this is an early cap, I would suggest that the cap has been rebadged from earlier pattern insignia.'
    A wonderful piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I must agree that anyone who would take perfectly original insignia off this cap to show the reverse markings is a total moron. As this is an early cap, I would suggest that the cap has been rebadged from earlier pattern insignia.'
    A wonderful piece.
    well said.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast