Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Black SS breeches- some

Article about: Greetings. If anyone could provide considered opinion on these Black SS breeches, I would very much like to hear and appreciate your time. Possibly owing to their unglorious station in life

Default Re: Black SS breeches- some

Black SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someMy sources are the RZM Herstellungsvorschriften and the RZM Mitteilungsblaetter.....plus forty six years of collecting this stuff.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS breeches- some
    P
    Many

Quote by backtothefront View Post
    Thanks again F.B. This really gives me something to run with. At the risk of sounding like a broken record (remember them?), your generosity in assisting novice collectors and sharing your philosophies and hard-earned experience is a boon for us all.
    Recently I started reading threads under "SS Uniforms and insignia" from oldest to most recent. Some meritorius collectors and authors have come and gone. Thanks especially to you (and Adrian and Bob) for sticking around to put up with the new generation of collectors puzzling over the same questions of woolens of ever-increasing fetidness. There is more than enough material for a very interesting published volume or three. Regards, paul
    Well said my friend.

?

My contribution from my collection:

Private purchase breeches
    Black SS breeches- some

Issued
    (excellent photo by R. Hassler)
    Black SS breeches- some
    (Lousy photo by yours truly)
    Black SS breeches- some

Dress
    Black SS breeches- some

Regards,

CMH

Thanks again to F.B. YouthCollector and Dr CMH for your inputs. I am in a bit of a quandry with these. Im an easy person to sell to if the seller does simple things like answers reasonable questions. I dont see alot of these on the market and thus price comparison leaves me uncertain. A well-tailored pair captures my attention, but I am tempted to haggle without stamps of proof or marks of makers. I might just watch them for now... but he who hesitates is lost! cheers, paul

Shea and others have normal black breeches (NSKK, etc.) for a modest price. Those with VA or SS tag marks are much more costly, of course, making sure that the RZM tag is, indeed, authentic....You should haggle about all this stuff, since there is no firm price. I haggle, though it often does me no good and I just pay a silly price.

Black SS breeches- someThe tag in the early issued breeches....

- - Updated - -

You won't find this in the hock shop or the garage sale along with the beanie babies and the unused cereal boxes....

Black SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someThis tag is a sibling of this tag.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Shea and others have normal black breeches (NSKK, etc.) for a modest price. Those with VA or SS tag marks are much more costly, of course, making sure that the RZM tag is, indeed, authentic....You should haggle about all this stuff, since there is no firm price. I haggle, though it often does me no good and I just pay a silly price.
    Compare the pair you are considering to those on the Shea site, it will give you an idea of price vs. quality. I truly loathe to haggle, so I just pay the silly price and be done with it. If it is an item I want, I've already purchased it, in my mind, regardless of price. If you can get a better price, go for it. And do be careful of those RZM tags, older versions were easily identified but there are some very good ones now.

CMH
    Last edited by DrCMH; 05-06-2013 at 09:47 PM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Black SS breeches- someThe tag in the early issued breeches....

- - Updated - -

You won't find this in the hock shop or the garage sale along with the beanie babies and the unused cereal boxes....
    No, you certainly won't find these anywhere but in a few hands. These are from the San. Abt. Montur, yes? It is easy to see why this set is so enticing, so many stamps and tags and fine quality all in one package and owned by one man. The gloves are just icing on the cake. Thank you for sharing your fine material with us all.

Best,

CMH

The early tag is from the SSVT Sani Montur. But my SSVT 1 and the SSVT LAH suits are just as nice, though they do not come with an overcoat...

- - Updated - -

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Compare the pair you are considering to those on the Shea site, it will give you an idea of price vs. quality. I truly loath to haggle, so I just pay the silly price and be done with it. If it is an item I want, I've already purchased it, in my mind, regardless of price. If you can get a better price, go for it. And do be careful of those RZM tags, older versions were easily identified but there are some very good ones now.

CMH
    Yes, there are some well made fake tags, not the least because the buggers learn from our posts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast