Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.

Article about: I bought this cap twenty years ago, and it had been slightly denaizified with the removal of the SS runes from the Muetzenboden and likely the removal of the RZM tag with the owner's name. T

Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.riddles.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.
    P
    Many

Well Done !
    The style of the time..was to remove..the crown spring which is very obvious as there are only 4 SS men who chose to leave them in. Although this practice was allowed..and also Himmler participated ,, what was so attractive or the aesthetic appeal of theses springless caps? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.The removal of the cap spring was prohibited fairly early.... (June, 1934)

- - ------- - -

...and such a directive was also ignored.

A rule he did not take too seriously

Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag. Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Bravo. The best of the season to you and yours, dear colleague.

Warm Yuletide Greetings also, to you and yours. Thankyou for the lesson Best Regards Larry

Such a shame the runes were removed from the Muetzenboden. Those naughty bolts surely would get the heart pumping where the current area appears more of a hungry mouse's lunch table. Yet the void of the lining tells the story of an owner wanting perhaps to disassociate themselves from the spectre of the TR whilst retaining a souvenir of service. I like it.
    Last edited by Glenn66; 12-07-2014 at 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling error

Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Thanks. I have lived on and off in central Europe for more than forty years and just returned from three weeks in Vienna. In the process, I find that these items have a story after 1945 as well as before hand.
    The totality of the thing is of merit. One of my interlocutors between Vienna and so. Germany found a Trachtenjacke in Wien made from the extra black uniform of an SS TV person who was or was not shot
    in 1945 for his role in the regime. I will enclose the image when I can find it. (See below) The HGM in Wien shows how examples of uniforms made for clothing in the years of hunger and cold after 1945.
    My militaria dealer in Vienna described to me his experiences of these things in the middle 1950s, when they were all considered just junk.... Young people have much trouble grasping all of this truth
    versus the odd generalizations that obtain in these spaces from many too young to have much direct experience of the first decades after 1945.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-08-2014 at 04:04 AM.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Although this practice was allowed..and also Himmler participated ,, what was so attractive or the aesthetic appeal of theses springless caps?
    Apparently, this was considered to provide more of a rugged, warrior-like look.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The HGM in Wien shows how examples of uniforms re made for clothing in the years of hunger and cold after 1945.
    For illustration, do allow me to provide a link to an example I had posted earlier this year:

Post-war recycling of camouflage cloth

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Apparently, this was considered to provide more of a rugged, warrior-like look.
    Which HH was sorely in need of.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast