Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.

Article about: I bought this cap twenty years ago, and it had been slightly denaizified with the removal of the SS runes from the Muetzenboden and likely the removal of the RZM tag with the owner's name. T

Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Who was this man?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-07-2014 at 11:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.
    P
    Many

Interesting cap which tells a story. You've just added a page... or perhaps the epilogue.

Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.
    Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    Interesting cap which tells a story. You've just added a page... or perhaps the epilogue.
    Thanks. I know the identity of a couple of pieces in my collection, but such is the exception.

The last cap I included was wrongly attributed to a Berliner, and became the object of a years' long search that ended in nothing. The cap was sold to me as a complete uniform, but the ensemble
    had more or less willfully been created in the 1980s in the UK with a very tall tale to match from an effusive collector and or dealer. How a belt from a Berliner (of small stature) could be placed with a large uniform from Mainfranken shows that: a.) the searcher has never been to Germany; b.) the researcher also did not look closely at the SS Stammrollenkarte, in which the physical measurements of the person are well listed, including hat size and shoe size.

I have seen a lot of very bad research done in association with these artifacts, especially by those unskilled in the art, science, and craft of the thing.

My level of ambition with this regalia is very low versus what I often see here, i.e. the desire for the Konvolut from the Knight's Cross holder etc.

The new biography of Joachim Peiper is a useful corrective to this syndrome.

My sole wish for the regalia is that it be prior to May 1945 as best as I can fathom the fact.

I restored the RZM tag to this cap, whereby many others would either have never owned it or upgraded it away for an unworn piece.

The patina on the thing pleases me, as does the obvious partial eradication of its owner's name, which failed.... as in "MJ"

Happy hats to you all in this festive season and thanks to you all for your hard work with our site.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-08-2014 at 02:34 AM.

Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.I know who this man was, in fact.....

Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag."Schulz" however is hardly von Prittwitz und Gaffron for those of you obsessed with the noble estate in Germany, but such is not the point with the SS, is it?

I always enjoy your posts, sir and learning something with each. Particularly interesting here is the various means the owner's took to personalize their caps.

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    I always enjoy your posts, sir and learning something with each. Particularly interesting here is the various means the owner's took to personalize their caps.
    Thanks and all the best to you.

Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.
    Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Apparently, this was considered to provide more of a rugged, warrior-like look.

For illustration, do allow me to provide a link to an example I had posted earlier this year:

Post-war recycling of camouflage cloth

From my correspondent in central Europe comes this Trachten woman's jacket-- recycled from an SS tunic or with SS tunic Trikotage....done so by the widow of its owner in the months after the war.

- - ------- - -

Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.Trikotage....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-08-2014 at 03:04 AM.

...or....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.   Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.  

Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag.  Black SS cap, restoration of RZM tag. 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3