Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Black SS cap w/o RZM/SS marks

Article about: thanks to Arizona for the additional data and illumination.

Default Re: Black SS cap w/o RZM/SS marks

thanks to Arizona for the additional data and illumination.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS cap w/o RZM/SS marks
    P
    Many

whoooo nice caps all !

Sebastien.

In re-reading the Saris book from Bender, the author makes quite clear that these caps without RZM marks were an entirely normal phenomenon, and are not really non RZM per se, but merely devoid of markings. Those who made them had to be vetted by the RZM system, but apparently were lax about marking their wares.

The collector group think suggests that there was once a world without the RZM in which caps were marked with commercial logos, and then an RZM cosmos in which caps were marked with runes and tags and stamps. It was not as cut and dried. The issue is when did the RFSS marking rigors eventuate and who was more or less excluded, somewhat, from same.

In any case, these caps without markings have their own rightful place in our affections.

When I have time, I shall cite the volume. I broke down and finally bought said book in which colleague Coleman and d'Alquen have some nice illustrations.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS cap w/o RZM/SS marks  

said cap is for sale for USD 7000. Greif zu!

Now the nights are drawing in and I return to the computer to catch up, I have been checking all the threads. I have to say that I really don't care for the black cap that started the thread. There are so many manufacturing anomalies that don't seem to make sense. The complete array of photos available on WAF show ridiculous laxity in the construction of the cap, an extremely shoddy insertion of a liner that appears rather too large for the hat and a shape that suggests strongly to me that the cap doesn't even come close to the standards of the time.
    All that, and 7,000, hmm.
    Derek

Perhaps you are right, of course. The price is surely quite steep, especially as I think there has been deflation recently in this regalia.
    I do hope you will keep posting with us.

I do agree with you about the prices of these lower ranks black caps. There was almost a "Dutch Tulip" frenzy going on prior to the economic meltdown that pushed these caps way above market value in my opinion.
    d'alquen

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I do agree with you about the prices of these lower ranks black caps. There was almost a "Dutch Tulip" frenzy going on prior to the economic meltdown that pushed these caps way above market value in my opinion.
    d'alquen
    Such especially applies to the post 1935/6 caps with the wire superstructure. I am very fond of the early, soft, squishy caps with the early marks and early insignia.

But who knows, really?

Happy head wear and Muetzendraht.

?

There's been quite a number of black caps for sale recently, including one of my own. That's really effected prices.

Hello fellow collectors, I'm the one selling the cap. I didn't except to get my asking price. But my philosophy when it comes to selling these uncommon items is "You can always lower the price but you can't increase it". The cap was veteran acquired many years ago and I have no reason to doubt that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast