Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

black SS caps in the firmament

Article about: The Mona Lisa smile of the racial elite.

Default Re: black SS caps in the firmament

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmament
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    Something I have observed is that the raised ridge on the leather peaks of SS caps is a lot more pronounced and further back than their Heer examples.
    But having only seen a fraction of either examples in period photos and in the flesh, how can anyone determine a definite trend?
    Here are some more images for Ben. The one on the right is courtesy of Mr. d'Alquen whose cap is for awhile in my hands. Thanks for the nice picture, too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS caps in the firmament
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for the additional images.
    Compare them to this one though.
    It's not a raised ridge from the front edge, it's a ridge that stands alone. Plus the peak is highly glossed, more examples to follow.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black SS caps in the firmament  

?

I've seen this type of visor on Imperial caps, but never on an SS one- nice pic!

?

That's exactly my thoughts, this kind of peak is different to the style of raised lip around the edge.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I surely don't wish to disappoint my fans so I will be conducting a coast to coast US stadium tour next year.
    I'll be sewing all your favorites stitches, tack, running, blanket and cross etc.
    What's more, I've now got a sexy bunch of Singer gals and their Singer machines ready to display their techniques.
    On your tour, you may find this interesting:

Noble Denim: Our Story on Vimeo

Not that this has anything to do with caps, per se . . . but I met this fellow a few months ago, and today, a local newspaper produced a story about his business.

Although he may not be up to speed on cap repair techniques, seeing that he employs the similar use of the Singer sewing machine, I thought you might find his effort somewhat interesting. Personally, I find it rather inspiring - working to revive this long-lost craft locally . . . so inspiring, that I forked out a sizeable sum, and bought a pair myself!

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentpeaks of leather two years later...

Default EM with grey interior

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmament

Default Officer with unusual interior

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmament

Bravo, dear colleague. Bravo!

The caps with the grey interior diverge from the norm, and have wrongly been damned. But how silly a thing. A wonderful piece, and a Lubstein.

The early officer's Sonderanfertigung is among the very best caps extant. Thanks for sharing with us.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast