Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

black SS caps in the firmament

Article about: The Mona Lisa smile of the racial elite.

Default black SS caps in the firmament

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentThese caps recently appeared for sale. black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmament

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS caps in the firmament
    P
    Many

Default Re: black SS caps in the firmament

They are Shea's and not mine and I receive no kick back, either. The one with the tags and such is a small fortune, and the other, earlier cap is not unreasonable in price.

I didn't know good ole' Adolf Hitler wore the black ss hat?!?! Just kidding around of course. Two "sexy" hats IMO. Thank you for sharing them with us. Sometimes finding the memorabilia is the hardest task at hand.

black SS caps in the firmamentAH could likely be found, as this person was in the staff of the I Sturmbann for the Sta. 81.

The first cap is as charming as the midnight sea! But the earlier cap has obvious mismatched insignia. I checked the description and the eagle is post war, totenkopf was reapplied. If I was the owner I would remove the eagle; even though it completes the piece, it detracts from it in my opinion. I don't mean to sound casual talking about it, it is a remarkable cap !

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentYou are right, of course, that the Hoheitszeichen is apparently of post war make. I have a uniform for a Hauptscharfuehrer in the Sta. 81, which is why the cap interested me, and, moreover, it is an early cap with a unit mark.
    I would also be conservative with the term "mismatched" insignia, as in my experience, the eagle and skull often do not match either in maker and quite often in the Werkstoffe of the badge in question.

?

Thanks F-B for showing us these caps. I am very fond of the unit markings as well. I wonder if the owner also had the roman numeral of his sturmbann on his cufftitle as well. You have shown us many examples of this type that had long been unexplained in the popular sources or misidentified.
    black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmament

The personalization intrigues me as well. In fact, I like the earlier one more. It is sad about the insignia, but as FB metioned, this is not an uncommon accordance. Many times the insignia can be missing all together.

Just to have one of those black beauties would be a dream

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmament
    Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Just to have one of those black beauties would be a dream

Nick
    Or a nightmare, but surely one is scarcely indifferent to black hats.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast