Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

black SS caps in the firmament

Article about: The Mona Lisa smile of the racial elite.

Default Re: black SS caps in the firmament

black SS caps in the firmament
    Quote by Little Mermaid View Post
    From old photos - and cupcakes - we can learn alot.
    No more true words from my favorite interlocutor.....apropos pictures and such.

I will include "cup cakes" later.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS caps in the firmament
    P
    Many

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    i'd pay up quite aggressively for any of those three with the blue watermark. fantastic photos and i feel examples that would compliment my collection nicely. thank you for posting them. they are a pleasure to see.
    Thank the Czech news agency who have put their treasures on line where I pinched them.

My best to you all.

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentDadaism is intriguing, even if the Nazis loathed. it.

Thanks for the pic of "Jugend um Hitler". I have a copy of this, sans dustcover and I had not seen the dustcover before until now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 469090Attachment 469089The cap on the Kelly Hicks site is a Sonderanfertigung, which is wrongly dated to 1935 (again because of the RZM tag,) but is a Wagner of 1938 or so. It is a rare cap and fairly priced, even if it presents a couple of minor flaws easily repaired.
    Dear Sirs, may I ask who you refer to as potential repairers of minor moth nips to such tricot woolens. I have seen comments on these pages refering to their skills but their identities escape me, (was it BenVK?). Mostly I am someone who prefers to see a historical item turn to dust rather than "restore" it, but I do see a collector's role as "guardian" rather than "owner". How do other collectors see repairs of minor damage such as small moth nips ? I am often happy to preserve as best I can, and leave repairs for a future owner to decide. Your opinions are appreciated. regards, Paul

?

I can repair such damage although to be honest, I prefer to leave moth nips alone and concentrate on re-sewing loose peaks/sweatbands. I say this because it's mostly about the structural integrity for me and making these things last for another 70 years plus. Moths nips are purely cosmetic.

?

Nice early image of Kurt Meyer on the right and an ultra rare black clothed peaked cap on the left.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black SS caps in the firmament  

?

Is there any examples of the cloth peaked black ss caps today?

Cheers, Pat

?

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    Is there any examples of the cloth peaked black ss caps today?

Cheers, Pat
    There are a few surviving examples that I know of- one here in Canada, one which sold last year in the US (discussed at length on this forum), one owned by Paul S. which I think is the same example that Wolfe-Hardin used to own, and one in a collection in Japan. I've also seen one which I believe had had its cloth visor removed and replaced by a fibre one in the pre-war years...

black SS caps in the firmamentMaybe Mr. d'Alquen will show his black field cap with the cloth peak. Ben has great skills as an artisan. I believe fully in stabilizing and caring for these things. They do biodegrade otherwise, especially because collectors also put huge pressure on them in search of RZM tags, and such.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-20-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast