Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

black SS caps in the firmament

Article about: The Mona Lisa smile of the racial elite.

Default Re: black SS caps in the firmament

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmament
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    I've only dabbled in the black stuff so far with a casual interest but I truly would like to own this example. It's wonderful.
    I thank Mr. d'Alquen that he sold it, and Peter Jenkins for having sold it to me, and Ben for his making this site a going concern. There was a flurry of caps with the early badges for a bit.

The early caps have their own poetry, which I have tried to depict here with the evidence at hand.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS caps in the firmament
    P
    Many

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentOne very picayune thing I would note on such caps is that the 1927 Hoheitsadler, that is, the Hakenkreuzkokarde varies from one cap to the next. I do not think one of the many I own is identical to the other.....

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Never seen piping like that before on a cap like this. Thats a really interesting cap.

Cheers, Pat

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmament
    Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    Never seen piping like that before on a cap like this. Thats a really interesting cap.

Cheers, Pat
    The piping on this cap is quite different, but the cap is a variation of the year 1935, typical of those makers who did not conform to the specification, or which somehow was amended at the time.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-22-2013 at 06:34 AM.

Thank you, Ben, but the march of years has dulled my nervous system with all sorts of carnage.
    However, I do own several SS caps with leather peaks, and many of them do have this raised piece on the front, but some do not.....
    viz:
    Quite curious . . . so is the "raised part at the front of the peak" exclusive to the caps worn only by the SS?

If so, I would argue there will be many a WH collector left bent over in anguish this evening . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black SS caps in the firmament  
    Attached Images Attached Images black SS caps in the firmament 

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentAs luck would have it, I also own an army field cap, and its peak is also with the raised thingy, too.
    I do not otherwise pay much attention to army field caps, save this one.

I do not otherwise pay much attention to army field caps, save this one.
    I too, am with you, FB . . . they may not be black, but yet a distant cousin . . . these are the things I pay much more attention to.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black SS caps in the firmament   black SS caps in the firmament  

Attached Images Attached Images black SS caps in the firmament  black SS caps in the firmament 

I have long liked army peaked caps, but I do not partake in the field cap frenzy, the arias of the alte Art. I did break down and buy this silken one when its came up for sale.
    As to grey SS caps with Waffenfarbe, you know that I had two which I dumped, one of which is now famous.
    The conflict associated with the grey caps generally causes intense resistance in me, but I own a few, all the same.

?

Something I have observed is that the raised ridge on the leather peaks of SS caps is a lot more pronounced and further back than their Heer examples.
    But having only seen a fraction of either examples in period photos and in the flesh, how can anyone determine a definite trend?

?

The piping on this cap is quite different, but the cap is a variation of the year 1935, typical of those makers who did not conform to the specification, or which somehow was amended at the time.
    A fantastic image of Obergruppenführer Alfred Wünnenberg and his top notch quality grey cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black SS caps in the firmament   black SS caps in the firmament  

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast