Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black SS helmet, in early Schuma service.

Article about: Found this interesting photo. The helmet still has the decal, but the A SS tunic has been turned into a early Schuma tunic.

?

Default Black SS helmet, in early Schuma service.

Found this interesting photo.
    The helmet still has the decal, but the A SS tunic has been turned into a early Schuma tunic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS helmet, in early Schuma service.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS helmet, in early Schuma service.
    P
    Many

An interesting picture. For clarity, it is a black tunic and not necessarily an Allgemeine tunic. For too long, it has been the habit of both collectors and some dealers to label anything black "Allgemeine" which it of course is not.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    An interesting picture. For clarity, it is a black tunic and not necessarily an Allgemeine tunic. For too long, it has been the habit of both collectors and some dealers to label anything black "Allgemeine" which it of course is not.
    ...A recent example for the practice being the Ulric of England book Inside the Allgemeine SS 1925 - 1945, which has plenty of SSVT and SSTV material.

?

I remember some time ago on WAf a member found a A SS tunic resewn into a early schuma, sadly i understand this tunic was "restored" into a A SS tunic again.

A horrible loss for our history if you ask me, I have never seen a reissued A SS schuma tunic in any collection.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I remember some time ago on WAf a member found a A SS tunic resewn into a early schuma, sadly i understand this tunic was "restored" into a A SS tunic again.

A horrible loss for our history if you ask me, I have never seen a reissued A SS schuma tunic in any collection.
    How would you know it was an Allgemeine SS tunic?
    BOB

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    ...A recent example for the practice being the Ulric of England book Inside the Allgemeine SS 1925 - 1945, which has plenty of SSVT and SSTV material.
    I have not seen this book yet. It is very disappointing to hear that a leading author would make such an inaccurate error in a reference book.
    BOB

?

How would you know it was an Allgemeine SS tunic?
    The owner had photos of the tunic on the floor together with other old cloth found at the same location, the collectors of these SS cloth all said it was an A SS tunic. I must admit i do not have so much interest of SS, i only post this because i believed some collectors could have interest of seeing this photo.

Is this an answer good enough?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Bravo. A fact of extraordinary sloppiness.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    The owner had photos of the tunic on the floor together with other old cloth found at the same location, the collectors of these SS cloth all said it was an A SS tunic. I must admit i do not have so much interest of SS, i only post this because i believed some collectors could have interest of seeing this photo.

Is this an answer good enough?
    I am battling a one man battle to stop the use of Allgemeine for any black jacket or cap. Unless your collector friend had pictures of the jacket before it was made into a Schuma tunic, there is no way to acertain it is an Allgemeine SS tunic. The black tunic was the dress uniform of ALL branches of the SS. If stripped, it could have been from an other SS branch. sorry, but this is my little battle for accuracy in historical description.
    BOB

I am battling a one man battle to stop the use of Allgemeine for any black jacket or cap. Unless your collector friend had pictures of the jacket before it was made into a Schuma tunic, there is no way to acertain it is an Allgemeine SS tunic. The black tunic was the dress uniform of ALL branches of the SS. If stripped, it could have been from an other SS branch. sorry, but this is my little battle for accuracy in historical description.
    I also crusade for this cause.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast