MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Black SS Mantel on dealers site

Article about: Greetings. This item looks as good as it gets and I just wanted to bring it to members attention rather than spruik for the dealer (Hanners Reich). My only concern would be whether the insig

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 571457Attachment 571458Attachment 571459Notice odd grin on these unlovely faces.
    Apologies for distracting from the original thread, but is it rare or unusual to see the SS armband on the grey tunic behind HH in the above photo? Thanks for the most interesting contributions. Im not in hell but it's getting mighty warm in here. cheers P

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS Mantel on dealers site
    P
    Many

?

Insanity is truly defined by collectors of afore mentioned black SS Cloth. Although, this particular derangement is reserved for either the well off or the successful bank robber.

Quote by backtothefront View Post
    Apologies for distracting from the original thread, but is it rare or unusual to see the SS armband on the grey tunic behind HH in the above photo? Thanks for the most interesting contributions. Im not in hell but it's getting mighty warm in here. cheers P
    I believe regulations allowed the SS armband to be worn on such tunics for a period of time.

Quote by backtothefront View Post
    Prior to the introduction of the sleeve eagle, the Swastika brassard was worn both on the earth-grey (SSVT) and earth-brown (SSTV) uniforms, but was removed when in the field. (For example during field training, military exercises etc.)

Black SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteSomeone needs to tell the high roller dealer in the UK that the LAH was part of the SS Verfuegungstruppe and not the Allgemeine SS. If he charges so much, he can buy my stuff and have stock for a few years.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-20-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Black SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteUlrich of England makes the same dumb mistake in the title of his book with the "Allgemeine SS," which shows you the value of having an editor and publishing your work with a real press.
    The SS was divided into its part in the course of 1934, and such an oversight bespeaks a kind of fundamental ignorance about an organization whose regalia can only be deciphered with close attention to its organizational evolution.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-20-2013 at 06:59 PM.

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I requested for further images to be sent to me from the seller, an received a reply stating that they can be found within the publication 'Inside The Allgemeine-SS'. No problem there other than I can not upload them to this forum.
    He also provided me with a asking price, which is quite shocking at the amount of $30,101usd. Although I consider the above mantel in the link more valuable than the originally posted example for multiple reasons, I still feel that it, too, is well overpriced.
    I guess we collectors aren't the only ones losing their minds.
    Yikes! Upwards of 30k USD is out of my comfort zone for an SS VT enlisted overcoat. And I'm borderline insane with what I'm spending on discarded racist uniforms these days.

I will continue to save my pennies for the day when FB decides to part with his Sani Abt Montur.

Black SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteSSVT Sani Abt Montur.....you would give all my things a fine home and display them quite well, too.

and this is not all of it by any means.

?

Look what I found in this (unknown to me) publication..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS Mantel on dealers site   Black SS Mantel on dealers site  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast