Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Black SS Mantel for review and opinion

Article about: Greetings. This black SS Mantel has come to my attention. It looks fine to my untrained eyes but has obvious and more subtle differences to the examples that contributors to this site have s

Default Black SS Mantel for review and opinion

Greetings. This black SS Mantel has come to my attention. It looks fine to my untrained eyes but has obvious and more subtle differences to the examples that contributors to this site have shared over recent times. Perhaps some members are familiar with the actual garment. I would be grateful to hear your opinions please. Regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS Mantel for review and opinion   Black SS Mantel for review and opinion  

Black SS Mantel for review and opinion   Black SS Mantel for review and opinion  

Black SS Mantel for review and opinion   Black SS Mantel for review and opinion  

Black SS Mantel for review and opinion  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS Mantel for review and opinion
    P
    Many

Default Re: Black SS Mantel for review and opinion

Very nice item.

You'll want to examine the buttons and such, also the size of the buttons in the rear vent, too. Certain of the buttons are decorative, and have a short Oese and others are normal, and have a long Oese. (looop....)
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-29-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You'll want to examine the buttons and such, also the size of the buttons in the rear vent, too.
    Thanks for your thoughts F.B., Should I be in a position to make an offer on this, I would probably seek the services of an expert. regards Paul

Of course, I can only tell by looking at these things with my own eyes and hands, but I first bought one of these forty years ago, similar to this, but with the badges and such. I do not have a picture of it, but I still own it.

Black SS Mantel for review and opinionThe 2 mm piping is missing from the collar in addition to missing insignia, too, which is a pain, but supplies of same exist.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-29-2013 at 06:42 PM.

?

I like it, too. If I'm not mistaken, Robert H. may be able to supply you with original black/alu cord. Armbands, numbered cuffs, and to a certain extent the numbered tabs, abound on the internet...

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The 2 cm piping is missing from the collar in addition to missing insignia, too, which is a pain, but supplies of same exist.
    F-B, I hope you appreciate how humorous this coat would look with 2cm collar piping!

Quote by Arran View Post
    F-B, I hope you appreciate how humorous this coat would look with 2cm collar piping!
    I answered this before my first coffee, actually, and I am a US American, so you will have to bear with me as to the metric system.

?

It was mine coat, surely original.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast