Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold But I think Lang is more interesting than these silly old hats, even if I have spent all my life chasing them and wasting a fortune on them.Attachment 190930Attachment

Default Re: Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

Thank you for sharing your nice things with us.Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious
    P
    Many

foetid woolens, political chaos, secular religion and more.Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

?

Finally saw 'metropolis' a few weeks back; staggering achievement.

Quote by vady View Post
    Finally saw 'metropolis' a few weeks back; staggering achievement.
    It was redone recently and remains an extraordinary film, a Weimar commentary on modern society of great power. Lang was a genius. We celebrate him here and I am sure he would understand. The shocking one is Mabuse, which is more contemporary than the others. It is sometimes on Turner, but the exception. There is much more in the past than the portals of culture as it is conceived in the year 2011 allow us, I fear. It will only get worse.

May you find a nice real black SS officer's cap.

Hi David, it is a classic film. I have it on DVD. I am pleased you recognised the stills. Many people have never even heard of it, which is shame.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi David, it is a classic film. I have it on DVD. I am pleased you recognised the stills. Many people have never even heard of it, which is shame.

Cheers, Ade.
    You are a cultivated person and we are grateful for your leadership.Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

Apropos this image, when did the "Gruppe" designation in the SS go out of use? In 1933 or 1934? I should know, but I do not.Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

The Gruppen were superseded by Oberabschnitte (i.e. Wehrkreise), of course, but when?

I have no time to look it up, being in the 21st century and afflicted with multi tasking to a fault.

pi pa po.

The entry in Mollo has the table of organization of 1932 and then that of 1937.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-27-2011 at 05:37 PM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Apropos this image, when did the "Gruppe" designation in the SS go out of use? In 1933 or 1934? I should know, but I do not.Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

The Gruppen were superseded by Oberabschnitte (i.e. Wehrkreise), of course, but when?
    The earliest date I can find is the 16th November 1933 for OA-Spree (ex SS-Gruppe Ost), OA-West (ex SS-Gruppe West), OA-Süd (ex SS-Gruppe Süd), OA-Südost (ex SS-Gruppe Südost).

Quote by BenVK View Post
    The earliest date I can find is the 16th November 1933 for OA-Spree (ex SS-Gruppe Ost), OA-West (ex SS-Gruppe West), OA-Süd (ex SS-Gruppe Süd), OA-Südost (ex SS-Gruppe Südost).
    Thank you. You are a pillar of our little group. I guess that dates this cap then, more or less. Probably less. Warm thanks in any case and happy reading of UM in all its variety. Much more edifying than the travail about "Hitler's desk set" and other machinations.Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

But I think Lang is more interesting than these silly old hats, even if I have spent all my life chasing them and wasting a fortune on them.Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

One of my favorite students was a dead ringer for the nice woman in the robot suit. She is a now a professor of political science.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast