Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold But I think Lang is more interesting than these silly old hats, even if I have spent all my life chasing them and wasting a fortune on them.Attachment 190930Attachment

Default Re: Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    But I think Lang is more interesting than these silly old hats, even if I have spent all my life chasing them and wasting a fortune on them.Attachment 190930Attachment 190931Attachment 190932

One of my favorite students was a dead ringer for the nice woman in the robot suit. She is a now a professor of political science.
    Lang himself left Germany after he did Mabuse, but his wife made common cause with the regime and served Goebbels....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious
    P
    Many

Ben,
    You are quite correct in your date.
    SS-Personalbefehl Number 9, from October 1933, (the monthly listing of all promotions), uses the Gruppe system. Number 10 for November uses the Oberabschnitte system.
    d'alquen

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Ben,
    You are quite correct in your date.
    SS-Personalbefehl Number 9, from October 1933, (the monthly listing of all promotions), uses the Gruppe system. Number 10 for November uses the Oberabschnitte system.
    d'alquen
    Thanks to both of you for the kind aid. I know I saw this fact elsewhere, but am so distracted that I welcome your generosity. Might I presume that the cap was likely made in 1933?

PS the source to use is Koehl, which I have attached elsewhere and do have at hand. Wie dumm von mir. Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-27-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Thank you. You are a pillar of our little group. I guess that dates this cap then, more or less. Probably less. Warm thanks in any case and happy reading of UM in all its variety. Much more edifying than the travail about "Hitler's desk set" and other machinations.
    Now, that was a word I had to look up. However, I found it very proper. My contribution to the "Hitler's desk set" thread on the other site was this post.

Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

Btw, I'll soon post some incomming "sculls" and eagles. I'm saying "Sorry" in advance.

Lang himself left Germany after he did Mabuse, but his wife made common cause with the regime and served Goebbels....
    Sure enough, Goebbels did not like Lang's "Testament des Dr. Mabuse" much and banned the film, stating, after a private preview screening:

"I am going to ban this film, because it proves that a group of men determined to go to the greatest extremes, are by all means capable to unhinge any nation by force, provided they seriously want it." *)

Which was the sort of thing Goebbels knew quite a lot about, one might say...
    I have to say that this quote about a zum äußersten entschlossene Gruppe von Männern and their potential is something that keeps popping up in my mind a lot in these post-9/11 years...

*) "Ich werde diesen Film verbieten, weil er beweist, dass eine bis zum äußersten entschlossene Gruppe von Männern, wenn sie nur ernstlich will, durchaus im Stande ist, jeden Staat mit Gewalt aus den Angeln zu heben."

Machinations well describes much of what goes on at said website, and I did not read all the entries on same. I am too busy with my real world roles and missions. Also, this kind of thing (dorky desk set) makes me want to sell my collection and impose cyber cruelties on collectors via these websites. I have been a witness to this kind of name calling and ankle biting since the late 1960s, and it does not become more pleasant after four decades. The internet has merely driven it all into over drive and then some. Please show us your "sculls," since yours are always welcome here because you are a gentle man and also a pillar of our little crew.Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Sure enough, Goebbels did not like Lang's "Testament des Dr. Mabuse" much and banned the film, stating, after a private preview screening:

"I am going to ban this film, because it proves that a group of men determined to go to the greatest extremes, are by all means capable to unhinge any nation by force, provided they seriously want it." *)

Which was the sort of thing Goebbels knew quite a lot about, one might say...
    I have to say that this quote about a zum äußersten entschlossene Gruppe von Männern and their potential is something that keeps popping up in my mind a lot in these post-9/11 years...

*) "Ich werde diesen Film verbieten, weil er beweist, dass eine bis zum äußersten entschlossene Gruppe von Männern, wenn sie nur ernstlich will, durchaus im Stande ist, jeden Staat mit Gewalt aus den Angeln zu heben."
    Thank you. Well said and a useful intervention as you always share with us.

The organizational charts in Koehl are on pp. 251ff, many of which are taken from the Dienstalterlisten, I guess, and other documents of the era.
    I suppose the Gruppe to Oberabschnitt reorganization was an expression of the enormous growth of the SA and its rising competition especially of the end of 1933 and early 1934 to form a new style army at the expense of the Reichswehr. In any case, thanks, colleagues, for the necessary data which helps me assess the posture of this cap. I think one of you owns a not dissimilar cap, that was made to do double duty well beyond the wear out date, such as it was.
    I marvel that any of these things survived at all, really.Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4