Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

black SS officer's cap

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold while I do not wish to endorse dealers etc as a rule, these items I have enclosed here are authentic in my opinion. This dealer has certainly found some very nice examp

Default black SS officer's cap

Here is the 08/15 black officer's cap of about 1938/9 make in what seems to be un touched condition. It has the tell tale Clemens Wagner flimsy sweat shield. I have no commercial interest in this object. I share it here for the purpose of illumination.

It has appeared with an enlisted cap with the VA stamp.

I suppose someone could have stripped these caps of their insignia and sold them separately. What a capital idea. Maybe I should do it.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black SS officer's cap   black SS officer's cap  

Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-03-2010 at 03:05 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS officer's cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: black SS officer's cap

Hello F-B,

Great caps! Let me preface this by saying that I'm not a cap collecter and my knowledge is limited although I do admire them and try to keep up with the posts.

Anyhow, I have a recollection, be it somewhat vague (these recurring B'days raise hell with the gray matter), of reading that there was some question as to the authenticity of these blacked lined caps. Obviously this is a generalization and for all I know is an "old wives tale" but is there any truth to this and should these black lined caps be any more suspect than the others?

Thank you,
    m

Also available... I'm fond of the shape on this one, which could be mine for a more reduced price given the ripped off sweat band. Fortunately, the same cannot be said for the insignia. Maybe this is the one that is destined to be my own after having one too many whiskey sours some evening.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black SS officer's cap  

Quote by mower View Post
    Hello F-B,

Great caps! Let me preface this by saying that I'm not a cap collecter and my knowledge is limited although I do admire them and try to keep up with the posts.

Anyhow, I have a recollection, be it somewhat vague (these recurring B'days raise hell with the gray matter), of reading that there was some question as to the authenticity of these blacked lined caps. Obviously this is a generalization and for all I know is an "old wives tale" but is there any truth to this and should these black lined caps be any more suspect than the others?

Thank you,
    m
    The caps pictured here are, to the best of my knowledge, authentic. Caps with the black interior are faked, but the piece enclosed here is quite authentic. Officers caps in black came in two variants until the late 1930s, and we have pictured them here dozens if not hundreds of times.

?

Could someone let me know who the seller is? I have no interest in buying these particular caps but prehaps he also has some grey examples?

?

Here you go, Ben.

GrenadierMilitaryAntiques.com

?

Thank you, F-B, for the reply.

m

Two of maybe three or so variants enclosed here as described in the SS price list. For awhile there existed a cap with a silk cap cover, as well.

The first I enclose here is a twin of the cap I posted earlier, also from the Fa. Wagner

The 2d is a Sonderanfertigung phased out by 1937, possibly according to Saris, with the embellished interior...it is more widely faked than is the first example.

All are faked, but the fakes are not well done. The fake enlisted caps are today much better than previous.

PS You have seen these same images over and over....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black SS officer's cap   black SS officer's cap  

Attached Images Attached Images black SS officer's cap  black SS officer's cap 

Quote by mower View Post
    Thank you, F-B, for the reply.

m
    I have collected this material for well over forty years, and while I do not wish to endorse dealers etc as a rule, these items I have enclosed here are authentic in my opinion. All Nazi regalia is faked as a matter of course, so as flawed as these sites are, they still offer some remedy to the syndrome versus collector lore had at militaria meets where the level of expertise is sometimes limited. Such is also true here, to be sure, as well.

?

Whether I see them one or 100 times, you still gotta love 'em as these black ones are the most aesthetically pleasing! Thanks, F-B.

m

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast