Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

black SS officer's cap

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold while I do not wish to endorse dealers etc as a rule, these items I have enclosed here are authentic in my opinion. This dealer has certainly found some very nice examp

Default Re: black SS officer's cap

For those in Bonn, please patronize said locale. But do not ask for the RZM items. They are not at hand.

I had thought this establishment had vanished, but it has not.

Sehr schoen. There is something deeply pleasing about these places.
    Attached Images Attached Images black SS officer's cap  black SS officer's cap 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS officer's cap
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Frog View Post
    Sorry - I can't keep up with you youngsters. What exactly are we talking about on this thread?
    I hope this comment won't be taken in the wrong way.
    Whether the older generation of collectors and historians feel that the new generation that follow in their foot steps are worthy or not of discussion and interaction with, the fact is, we will be here long after your pushing up the daisies. Sorry to be blunt but how sad it would be to take all that you have learn't to the grave just because your attitude is that these young guys don't listen and have no respect. That maybe true in some cases but I guarantee that most do want to learn and have a huge amount of enthusiasm to embrace existing knowledge and take the research to another level.

The problem though is one of approachability. No one likes being made to feel like a fool for not knowing as much as someone else. They might ask some questions to begin with but after being ridiculed or even worse ignored completely which is a habit of the older collectors, they won't bother to ask anymore. A vicious circle I believe they call it.

So, and I say this from the heart, whether or not anyone else thinks that what we discuss here is old news and irrelevant, at least people like FB is here and actualy interacting with people. Most younger people would not even understand the language he speaks which would be all gobbledygook to them but the effort is acknowledged and appreciated.

I would welcome a thread on any topic that you wish to start yourself and look forward to that.

Cheers
    Ben

I actually love the way things go off at tangents to the original post! I too am pleased that the old hat shop is still there. A link to the past that is all too often gone the way of the Dodo...

Passing on the (little) knowledge of what I have learnt I find very gratifiying, after all if you guys don't want to know who will? I had a very good teacher. I spent a lot of my Youth sitting with a dealer behind his counter every Saturday afternoon. He took the time to show me good and bad and explain why.

Cheers, Ade.

I wonder what they would actually say, if you requested an RZM labeled cap/hat.

Brian

Thanks to Ben for his intervention. I am sure that Mr. Frog is not nearly as flummoxed as his post might suggest to some. In this undertaking, we are free to respond with our own version of knowledge, our quest for same, our two cents in what is often a confusing process. I have tried to share what knowledge I have for the benefit of others. Others retain their knowledge because they are either incapable of sharing it or ill disposed to do so, though they surely could do so. Such persons mark themselves in the public eye here in a pretty fundamental way. One can also play the contrarian to a point, but such persons should refrain from crossing a border of destructiveness and cynicism which circumscribe the other sites. It is best to re read your post before you make it, because of the potential for misunderstanding.

The safest proposition is to assume the your reader knows very little and the onus is on you to explain complicated matters in clear language. Such an effort is an acquired skill of decades of practice, and many persons posting on the internet are ill suited to this requirement. Ben is an able student and a good teacher.

I am not sure how knowledge is passed from one generation to the next in the present. I rather think such is a dicey proposition, really. Ben is well able to aid us in this connection. Others are free to join in or refuse to do so as they wish. The critical mass here is always a near run thing; that is, the number of constructive figures is never quite enough.

As a history teacher, I am well familiar with how things swerve into unknown areas or unknown unknowns as Herman Kahn called them. Others who read these posts become irritated, but I am patient with the whole thing.

If only a small number here understand what we are trying to do, then so be it. They are free to go elsewhere, since there is no limit to the distractions contained in the internet.

Happy hats.

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    I wonder what they would actually say, if you requested an RZM labeled cap/hat.

Brian
    1.) they have no idea what I am talking about
    and
    2.) they would have the police arrest me, too.

I was simply happy the store was still there since I first saw it in September 1974.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks to Ben for his intervention. I am sure that Mr. Frog is not nearly as flummoxed as his post might suggest to some. In this undertaking, we are free to respond with our own version of knowledge, our quest for same, our two cents in what is often a confusing process. I have tried to share what knowledge I have for the benefit of others. Others retain their knowledge because they are either incapable of sharing it or ill disposed to do so, though they surely could do so. Such persons mark themselves in the public eye here in a pretty fundamental way. One can also play the contrarian to a point, but such persons should refrain from crossing a border of destructiveness and cynicism which circumscribe the other sites. It is best to re read your post before you make it, because of the potential for misunderstanding.

The safest proposition is to assume the your reader knows very little and the onus is on you to explain complicated matters in clear language. Such an effort is an acquired skill of decades of practice, and many persons posting on the internet are ill suited to this requirement. Ben is an able student and a good teacher.

I am not sure how knowledge is passed from one generation to the next in the present. I rather think such is a dicey proposition, really. Ben is well able to aid us in this connection. Others are free to join in or refuse to do so as they wish.

Happy hats.
    Great post as always from F-B, And i feel knowledge is passed on from one generation to the next, is what we all are doing in here.

I watch, and read everything people post, especially the experts in here, and I do my best to see the differences between the real-authentic, from the crap-fakes.

I own some reproductions, and that's exactly what they are reproductions made for viewing, not made to fool, and deceive the uneducated person, and try to rip people off from their hard earned money by selling them outright fakes.

As always, i look forward to post from F-B...

Brian

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    1.) they have no idea what I am talking about
    and
    2.) they would have the police arrest me, too.

I was simply happy the store was still there since I first saw it in September 1974.
    I would be willing to place a bet on # 2 happening.

lololol

Brian

?

I really do believe that everyone of all ages and knowledge will be drawn to topics when they are presented in an interesting way. Personnaly, I love how one topic may lead to another that I had no previous knowledge of.

For instance, in researching a tired, beaten up old Panzer cap recently, the study lead me to a former cigarette factory in Berlin called Mahala Problem! that was to become the RAD clothing depot and now is a fancy and stylish office block.

Fabrik Berlin - Office-Lofts | Fabrik Berlin - Office-Lofts

Totaly meaningless to most people most probably but I bet you didn't know that before.
    Last edited by BenVK; 08-21-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Fasinating Ben, and a frank and honest bit of advertising.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast