Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

black SS officer's cap

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold while I do not wish to endorse dealers etc as a rule, these items I have enclosed here are authentic in my opinion. This dealer has certainly found some very nice examp

Default Re: black SS officer's cap

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Why so bored, and all of the magic all gone, Still plenty of Joy left here for you, and all of us to enjoy.

Please do continue..

Brian
    Thanks, Brian, I need your inspiration. I wish others would contribute as much as you do. As regards your pm, when the time is right, you shall know indeed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS officer's cap
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks, Brian, I need your inspiration. I wish others would contribute as much as you do. As regards your pm, when the time is right, you shall know indeed.
    OK, danke.

Sehr geschätzt.

Brian

Apropos the question of peaks made from leather on SS caps, two recent examples that have gone on the market....black SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's cap

There is also a piece for sale on the Ulrich of England site, which appears to be a Kupper cap of some kind.

Here is the 08/15 black officer's cap of about 1938/9 make in what seems to be un touched condition. It has the tell tale Clemens Wagner flimsy sweat shield. I have no commercial interest in this object. I share it here for the purpose of illumination.

It has appeared with an enlisted cap with the VA stamp.

I suppose someone could have stripped these caps of their insignia and sold them separately. What a capital idea. Maybe I should do it.....
    Here with a other very nice black lined officer one !

a CW made too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black SS officer's cap   black SS officer's cap  

black SS officer's cap   black SS officer's cap  

Last edited by Pascal BERNHARD; 02-18-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Beautiful caps! I wish I could afford to buy one now directly, but I guess I have to save money for a long time first. Why can´t the prices fall to the same level as they were in the 70´s or at least at the 80´s.... But one day I will own one, still have to be patience though

And thanks a lot for the the time and education you expert gives to us rookies. It´s very kind of you all. If the old collectors did not bother to pass the knowledge to younger collectors this hobby probably will die with them, and the most TR objects thrown as garbage from the relatives of the old collectors when they have passes away. This will probably happen in some occasions when the relatives don´t know the value of the stuff but the more knowledge that are passed hopefully more people will learn the value of the TR militaria and keep the market filled with TR militaria for many years more ! At least I hope so , so I and many more younger collectors may have the possibility to collect for many years. So don´t take your militaria with you in the grave . (don´t meant to offend someone ,just a friendly joke)

Quote by Pascal BERNHARD View Post
    Here with a other very nice black lined officer one !

a CW made too.
    You should buy it. It has your name on it. The 1937ish type of cap is not often seen, and this piece diverges from the type of Wagner cap seen frequently in coffee table books. Wagner made SS caps from the hour zero, as it would happen. I have another Wagner cap made somewhat this way. The contracted these things out to sub contractors, as the correspondence of Mr. Stonemint indicates.

The dealer who turned up this cap is the king of black SS caps now, providing them to a world wide clientele.

They remain foetid woolens.black SS officer's capblack SS officer's cap

Quote by Badto666 View Post
    Beautiful caps! I wish I could afford to buy one now directly, but I guess I have to save money for a long time first. Why can´t the prices fall to the same level as they were in the 70´s or at least at the 80´s.... But one day I will own one, still have to be patience though

And thanks a lot for the the time and education you expert gives to us rookies. It´s very kind of you all. If the old collectors did not bother to pass the knowledge to younger collectors this hobby probably will die with them, and the most TR objects thrown as garbage from the relatives of the old collectors when they have passes away. This will probably happen in some occasions when the relatives don´t know the value of the stuff but the more knowledge that are passed hopefully more people will learn the value of the TR militaria and keep the market filled with TR militaria for many years more ! At least I hope so , so I and many more younger collectors may have the possibility to collect for many years. So don´t take your militaria with you in the grave . (don´t meant to offend someone ,just a friendly joke)
    These things were not cheap in the 1970s and 1980s, either. As to the topic of knowledge, if you see merit in my incoherent posts, then some others do not as you have read here and elsewhere. Some keep their knowledge entirely to themselves and deploy it as a weapon to unsettle others at a weak moment. Such has not been my project, of course, but I am a professional educator and do this all for a living. The challenge is to make sense of the internet and fashion something of merit, whereas superficiality, cyber bullying and obscrurantism are the norm. Mostly the latter....to include balderdash.

Knowledge about the past is a pretty imperfect thing. The modern medium we use highlights the imperfections and increases the pressure on those who assert that they possess knowledge. I rather think that III. Reich militaria will keep its value, since the world historical events of mid 20th century seem to have lost none of their market share, as it were. I do not do this is an investment vehicle, but as an extension of my profession and to satisfy my own curiosity. My point is to learn more and less to make money. It is obscene how much these things cost now, but one leading collector mentioned to me that a ca. 1933 or 1934 cap with the early badges cost 65 dollars in 1968, and that was quite costly in its own way. I was collecting then, and such a sum of money was not so readily had, when an upper middle class salary was USD 15,000 or so....

Best of luck to those who wish to own these things. They are only had in a few places and at no bargains. However, such items eight years ago cost 50% of what they cost at this moment, that is all I can write here.

Red face Re: black SS officer's cap

You should buy it. It has your name on it. The 1937ish type of cap is not often seen, and this piece diverges from the type of Wagner cap seen frequently in coffee table books. Wagner made SS caps from the hour zero, as it would happen. I have another Wagner cap made somewhat this way. The contracted these things out to sub contractors, as the correspondence of Mr. Stonemint indicates.

The dealer who turned up this cap is the king of black SS caps now, providing them to a world wide clientele.

They remain foetid woolens.black SS officer's capblack SS officer's cap

It's on Hold for... ME since last Tuesday... if all goes well perhaps can I pic it up at the SOS next week...

But only to be sure... what do you mean with "It has your name on it" ? Think I've understand but...

It's on Hold for... ME since last Tuesday... if all goes well perhaps can I pic it up at the SOS next week...
    Congratulations. You should buy my collection, too. I need Euros. Do not put it on your head or sweat on it, either. Schoene Gruesse nach Elsass. I will drive by same after you are in Kentucky or wherever this militaria faire is....

But only to be sure... what do you mean with "It has your name on it" ? Think I've understand but...
    Das heisst, dass der Herrgott wolle, dass Sie diese feine Muetze kaufe, aber das haben Sie schon im Sinne. Herzlichen Glueckwuensch.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast