Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

black SS officer's cap

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold while I do not wish to endorse dealers etc as a rule, these items I have enclosed here are authentic in my opinion. This dealer has certainly found some very nice examp

Default Re: black SS officer's cap

zeitgenoessiche Werbung.black SS officer's cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS officer's cap
    P
    Many

The cap cost less in the above establishment.black SS officer's cap

Foetid woolens cause a generalized insanity.black SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's cap

Perhaps the above is incoherent.black SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's cap

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    These things were not cheap in the 1970s and 1980s, either. As to the topic of knowledge, if you see merit in my incoherent posts, then some others do not as you have read here and elsewhere. Some keep their knowledge entirely to themselves and deploy it as a weapon to unsettle others at a weak moment. Such has not been my project, of course, but I am a professional educator and do this all for a living. The challenge is to make sense of the internet and fashion something of merit, whereas superficiality, cyber bullying and obscrurantism are the norm. Mostly the latter....to include balderdash.

Knowledge about the past is a pretty imperfect thing. The modern medium we use highlights the imperfections and increases the pressure on those who assert that they possess knowledge. I rather think that III. Reich militaria will keep its value, since the world historical events of mid 20th century seem to have lost none of their market share, as it were. I do not do this is an investment vehicle, but as an extension of my profession and to satisfy my own curiosity. My point is to learn more and less to make money. It is obscene how much these things cost now, but one leading collector mentioned to me that a ca. 1933 or 1934 cap with the early badges cost 65 dollars in 1968, and that was quite costly in its own way. I was collecting then, and such a sum of money was not so readily had, when an upper middle class salary was USD 15,000 or so....

Best of luck to those who wish to own these things. They are only had in a few places and at no bargains. However, such items eight years ago cost 50% of what they cost at this moment, that is all I can write here.
    Yes that is true the value of money has changed a lot true the years also. I can assure you that we are a few here who really appreciate yours,Bobs,Ades and all the others who kindly takes time to explain and educate us rookies, and don´t just call us idiots or any other bad word when we post any repro SS militaria for opinions of you experts. My english is not the best and their is not any TR militaria books on swedish that I have found so the most things I´v learn is from this educating forum and all threads with original stuff that you expert takes time to post so we can compare to that and the repro stuff we posted. That is much better then school ever was lol

Quote by Badto666 View Post
    Yes that is true the value of money has changed a lot true the years also. I can assure you that we are a few here who really appreciate yours,Bobs,Ades and all the others who kindly takes time to explain and educate us rookies, and don´t just call us idiots or any other bad word when we post any repro SS militaria for opinions of you experts. My english is not the best and their is not any TR militaria books on swedish that I have found so the most things I´v learn is from this educating forum and all threads with original stuff that you expert takes time to post so we can compare to that and the repro stuff we posted. That is much better then school ever was lol
    Thanks. I am glad you find coherence in what others find incoherent. The past is a riddle. The maroon loony bin site operates according to the clique principle in which rank and status are mostly had by negative means, i.e. fear, uncertainty, covering up that there is less there than there really is, etc. The in group keeps the outs very out, as it were, and they do so with hectoring, humiliation, doubt, fear etc. An old and tried formula to count coup and such. Such a system is plagued by some pretty monumental weaknesses which I figured out slowly between about 1959 and 1991, actually.
    I grew up in such a world and surmounted it via central European principles of knowledge, thinking and writing, as well as decades.....D E C A D E S... of struggling with these riddles professionally under the pitiless eyes of my betters. In any case, all Swedes speak and write perfect English. I am happy to be of some use to someone. I am also to share what little I know and also to keep posting pictures, which now are popping up in Google higher in the heap. Odd how it all works in the 21st century. A brave new world, surely. I wish I could answer all my own questions, but if the answers we offer here to our readers across the globe have merit, then best of luck to all of you in your struggle with the riddles and enigmas of foetid old clothes from mass murderers.

sapere aude.black SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's cap
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-18-2011 at 09:47 PM.

But I frankly prefer books to this crazy lot, actually. I cannot think in the fast cut editing, cinema verite, multi tasking confusion that reigns here.black SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's cap

?

Hello Freidrich, I was advised by another member (inimicus) that you might be interested in checking this photo out. SS-VT LAH Sturmann with a early danziger? style skull from the kampfzeit period. I believe they only used this skull until 35' if Im not mistaken. You can probly tell more about this pic than I could. Enjoy
    (I posted this in the photos forum along with others, so please excuse the double post....just figured it belonged here as well)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black SS officer's cap  

Thank you. Very nice image. I would not want to date this picture, but I do not believe the enlisted ranks got a peaked cap in grey until 1938/9 or so. But I cannot swear to same. In any case, the further use of the Danziger Totenkopf on the grey cap was quite normal well into the war itself. Here is one that I have actually examined.black SS officer's cap
    I like these earlier badges quite a bit. Even if they are devoid of all the idiotic marks on the rear.

?

haha I agree. I did not know they used the Danziger TK after 35. I guess I just always thought that for some reason. I now know different and I appreciate the info alot. The cap you've shown is beautiful. Fantastic example. I actually like the use of the Danziger TK, its a nice combination

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast