Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

a black SS officer's cap of early make

Article about: or this variant...? This one on the left is the very first type, I believe....this is found in a Peter Kupper SS cap of early make. This type of tag is also faked now widely. The Internet ha

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    The original order from April, 1934 states: "A new field cap, (bivouac cap), is introduced for the SS. From SS-Mann to Obertruppfuehrer the cap is worn without a peak, (Kraetzchen), and from Sturmfuehrer with a peak".
    The distinction in this case is rank and is a useful expedient in the field where an officer needs to be readily identified visually.
    The cloth covered peak was quite the fashion for field caps in the early thirties and was worn by many organisations. It was designed to be practical in the field and thus could be folded or worn under the helmet; which was not possible with leather and fibre peaks.
    This photograph shows the two caps being worn.
    d'alquen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a black SS officer's cap of early make
    P
    Many

65. SS-Standarte Schwarzwald

That is nice data, but it is lost here. Why don't you make a new thread with the Kraetzchen worn by the officer. It will gain the attention it deserves.
    This thread, which is of my stuff, is not about field caps.

I miss the Schwarzwald. I spent much pleasant time there a long time ago, but not with this chap, of course.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    ...Or black madness is more like it, really. I could have bought a second house with this junk, but there you are.

I am glad you like it.Attachment 1074698Attachment 1074699
    FB....What do you need a second house for ? Thanks for the laugh once again on this quote !! A good 30 second laugh out of this post. I am laughing as I am typing.

Okay...still laughing & I am sober !!

Same cap worn beret style

Quote by real steel View Post
    FB....What do you need a second house for ? Thanks for the laugh once again on this quote !! A good 30 second laugh out of this post. I am laughing as I am typing.

Okay...still laughing & I am sober !!

Perhaps I should dipsense with shelter altogether as well as the burden of possessions.
    There was a time in my youth when I had rented a small house in West Germany with an orchard,
    and an amusing, primitive oil stove, and had a few books and my Golf GTI all while I was doing the
    research for my PhD. It was a pleasant thing, and, the attic of the house was actually filled with
    Nazi cast offs, which I did not manage to bag. I returned to the place decades later, and it was gone.
    All of these things are tansient. I found a wonderful German Tv series from 1960 which I will post
    which is a narrative about the war and its refraction in life in West Berlin in the middle 1950s.
    It is very well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKuRNSssMgU

?

Quote by richardthecat View Post
    Same cap worn beret style

These are very interesting images. Would you please start a thread with the full image. Im sure we would all like to see it. I dont think Ive seen these caps used by an Allgemeine SS unit before. Usually we see LAH enlisted men wearing this type of cap. Thanks

Quote by jHAM View Post
    These are very interesting images. Would you please start a thread with the full image. Im sure we would all like to see it. I dont think Ive seen these caps used by an Allgemeine SS unit before. Usually we see LAH enlisted men wearing this type of cap. Thanks

I second the motion. Very nice material which is lost in an old thread of mine. If he does not do it, I shall do it.

Happy hats.

Our Mr. d'Alquen is the wizard of the "early" caps of this species. Maybe he has something insightful on this score.
    Any additional hints on the provenance and context of these images is always welcome and aids the analysis of the
    experts here.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast