Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

a black SS officer's cap of early make

Article about: or this variant...? This one on the left is the very first type, I believe....this is found in a Peter Kupper SS cap of early make. This type of tag is also faked now widely. The Internet ha

?

Default Re: a black SS officer's cap of early make

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Or even this, which you did not buy
    Unfortunately my appraisal and enthusiasm for this cap meant that it utimately took it out of my budget!! No, I didn't get paid for my input either!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a black SS officer's cap of early make
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Unfortunately my appraisal and enthusiasm for this cap meant that it utimately took it out of my budget!! No, I didn't get paid for my input either!
    These caps exist to break the budget, as you know, and no good deed goes unpunished when it comes to the digitalized, globalzied militaria faire of today and tomorrow.
    It reminds of the time when I was young and over weight, when no girl would go out with me and instead consorted with the jocks and knuckle heads. One's hopes end in constant disappointment, nicht wahr?

?

I made this cap out of a 10 euro Bundes cloth peaked example, one rainy Saturday afternoon. I post it again just in case some arse has been trying to sell it as original..also that photos can be very deceptive.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a black SS officer's cap of early make  

and this man is trying to sell it now....a black SS officer's cap of early make

?

Or maybe this guy?

It would never have fooled anyone with one ounce of knowledge but the point was more that the Bundeswehr had caps with velvet bands, white piping and cloth covered peaks. I forget for which service but will find some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images a black SS officer's cap of early make 

The Bw has never used field grey, even remotely. We had a discussion on said point, I think.

?

I shouldn't have brought the subject up actualy except to mention that the evolution of cloth peaked caps ran through to the 60's era at least.

I warrant you that my enclosures are not field grey, but if Mr. Popescu takes you to Hamburg from the sewers of Vienna, you can buy these blue caps all day and then some.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

?

I have a certain Bundes cap in mind but alas, I can find no images at the moment. It was made from a feldgrau...ish type of cloth. A Politzei cap I think,,,

Bundesgrenzschutz had a kind of police green uniform, as did the customs service. The armed forces abandoned field grey with great flourish. If anything, the Bw adopted more of an earth grey or earth brown uniform.....in reality.

I cannot generalize about all services of all kinds in the FRG of yore, but the Bw surely used at first a dark grey uniform in three services, which was replaced in 1957 with uniforms for the different services. I attached books about it all earlier.

Happy hats.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast