Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

black ss officers cap,opinions please

Article about: This insignia in use in the era prior to 1918. Not the from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" But I am not a man who goes to movies of the moment, mind you. This image is courtesy of

sab
    ?

Default black ss officers cap,opinions please

Hi guys,would appreciate your opinions on this ss officers cap
    cheers steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black ss officers cap,opinions please   black ss officers cap,opinions please  

black ss officers cap,opinions please   black ss officers cap,opinions please  

2. # ADS

Default Re: black ss officers cap,opinions please

Not Ok.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black ss officers cap,opinions please   black ss officers cap,opinions please  

Your cap is reverse engineered fake from these enclosed here.

sorry. My apologies to Peter Whamond for stealing his pictures, but he knows where this hat is now so I think he won't object. The later cap with the tall crown is ca. 1938/9 and the cap with the soft crown is ca. 1932/3 or so.

The cap posted in this thread is plainly made based on the pictures we post, which is a mark of something.

I do not know what. I am surely not making any money off of the proposition, that much is sure.

You can buy a nice, authentic and pleasing black SS officer's cap on the Empire Military Auction site.

Also v. Lukac has a passable officer's uniform for sale, and Grenadier Militaria has a nice enlisted tunic for sale.

Why wait?

I have no commercial interest in any of these things. In another era, I would have bought them all, but now I do not care so much. Some one else can spend all their money.

I bought the extended warrant for my car so when the diesel particulate filter goes south, I am covered.

Aren't you proud of how practical some of us can be despite the failure of our 12 step program?

Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-13-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Compare. I am not sure of the efficacy of my attempt. I shall not explain all the errors in the fake tag here. It would fool some, but not me.

I am something of a lunatic on this score.PS the two bottom illustrations depict authentic tags....

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Compare. I am not sure of the efficacy of my attempt. I shall not explain all the errors in the fake tag here. It would fool some, but not me.

I am something of a lunatic on this score.
    There is a new species of fake tag that is much superior to the item posted at the head of this thread, but it has flaws too. I shall not remark on them here.

The Strichgarntrikot in the fake plainly contains some kind of synthetic fiber never found in textiles of the era, hence its shiny appearance.

See this contrast.....this is Dienstrocktuch, which shows use, but it is totally different.....plus a cap image.

Officers cap of the early species tended to be of a melton cloth, and frequently the latter species are of similar textile. Trikot is less frequently encountered, and then of very high quality never, and I mean never attained by the fakes.

This image depicts the melton cloth I mean above.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black ss officers cap,opinions please  
    Attached Images Attached Images black ss officers cap,opinions please 

Trikot of an early date. Notice difference, even with my lousy photography.

I am not sure why I waste my time?
    Attached Images Attached Images black ss officers cap,opinions please 

For all fakers and fraudsters reading this, take my advice and go stuff it. I mean, really, you do not have the skill to imitate 70 year old objects, so just forget it. These attempts at fakes are marginally better, but not really. For anyone who has handled real material, your effort would better be spent capping oil spills or countering terrorism, or making wheels for miscarriages. Or learning a useful trade of some kind, like care for the elderly and emptying bed pans.

I am tired of showing things to no good end and the result is more larceny and mayhem.

sab
    ?

I thank you sir,for your effort and the efficient detailed answer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast