Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

black ss officers cap,opinions please

Article about: This insignia in use in the era prior to 1918. Not the from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" But I am not a man who goes to movies of the moment, mind you. This image is courtesy of

Default Re: black ss officers cap,opinions please

Quote by sab View Post
    I thank you sir,for your effort and the efficient detailed answer
    Thank you for your thank you and better luck next time in the search for old hats.

I am not very efficient, really.

I wish I were.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black ss officers cap,opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black ss officers cap,opinions please
    P
    Many

This is an authentic early black SS officer's cap from a famous collection in Canada. It is made of trikot, but of an excellent officer's variety which I cannot illustrate well in these images beyond what I have already done.
    Attached Images Attached Images black ss officers cap,opinions please  black ss officers cap,opinions please 

Here are some examples, as well, in not much detail. Example at left also has silver versus alu cords. 2d to left has a high crown not at all typical of many early caps. The 2d to right is high quality trikot of early make. The example at right is an ex Barrandov piece of which its owner is very fond, indeed. Pieces from the former CSSR have a special appeal.
    Attached Images Attached Images black ss officers cap,opinions please 

Also an early cap with melton cap cover. Ca. 1934/5

My friend in Texas knows of this species of cap.

I think I have shown enough, and these images are all here a dozen or more times, are they not?

The inquiring soul can search the threads and save wear and tear on us all.

These caps are rare, quite expensive and not found by accident as a rule. At least not since the internet took over our lives.

From the above cap. Since this illustration will titillate some here, I enclose it, but with a sense of real ambivalence.

Thank you FB for taking the time and being ever informative.
    At least here on this forum we get real usable information, not ridicule for being ignorant. I've gained a great amount of knowledge in the short time being a member here.
    Keep it coming FB.

Quote by wolfslair View Post
    Thank you FB for taking the time and being ever informative.
    At least here on this forum we get real usable information, not ridicule for being ignorant. I've gained a great amount of knowledge in the short time being a member here.
    Keep it coming FB.
    Dear Sir, thank you for the kind words, indeed. I will say that other sites suffer from some very bad manners, to be sure. I do get impatient especially with the "scull" threads, in fact, since this material is readily had and repeated over and over. The cap issue is more complex. I wish I knew much more, for instance about the field grey Feldblusen and what not. Or orders and decorations and such. There is so much to know, really, and none of us knows all of it or even a significant fraction of it, in fact.

Black caps are a weakness of mine, and I am glad such knowledge to our international readership.

But I also think that we have transformed the nature of fakes, at least I can register a change from say five or six years ago. I think...

Servus FB

A marvelous early cap with a leather peak that I wish I owned....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black ss officers cap,opinions please  

Another from colleague Coleman whom we greet herewith. Notice the textiles in these pieces versus the odd plastic tricot employed in the fake at the head of this thread.

A not dissimilar badge of the Danziger Totenkopf.

This cap is in the Hayes book.

Jenkins just sold a similar piece with different badges.

I do not generally think of Pirates of the Caribbean in this connection, but to each his own.

A not dissimilar cap is for sale for quadruple what this here cost.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast