Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

black SS regalia

Article about: Cap badges seem to be a weak point on many deals, i.e. switched ones; fake ones; broken "prongs"....and such.... The ex Mollo cap I now own had its Hoheitszeichen replaced with a f

Default Re: black SS regalia

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    F-B,Any piece that has your name attached to it is enough provenance for me and the other members who enjoy looking at i believe the finest black cap collection in existance today.The rarity and quality are incredible as are the black tunics.I wonder if anyone who has seen the reserve SS tunic knows how rare it is!.We have often asked why you don't publish a photo w/text book?Of course the brainless wonders on the other site would attack it as would the one year wonders would.Not that anyone of us or the collectors who know would listen to there drivel.Also an endeavor like that is time consuming to say the least and i am glad you post your wonders here when you want and enjoy the collectors who know what you have assembled in your life.Good health and never stop posting.Carl
    Thank you, Carl, my best to you in turn. I am sure others have even better material, but they do not post it. Mine is maybe slightly above the norm, but I have endeavored to make it plentiful in pictures especially for people who want images for their reference and who might say thank you. I also want to build up Adrian Stevenson's site, because I hold him in high regard.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS regalia
    P
    Many

I would like to commend Mr F.B on his wonderful collection and thank him for sharing it with members of this forum. I suspect that his library, that provides a backdrop in his photographs, is probably as rare, unique and interesting as the foetid woolens that are displayed along side. I cannot see all the titles on these but I suspect that they complement his collection and that one cannot exist without the other. These books that he also shares with us, are as fascinating, Im sure, and probably the foundation stones of the collection. The detail and cryptic mesasages contained are a source for contemplation. With thanks

Quote by backtothefront View Post
    I would like to commend Mr F.B on his wonderful collection and thank him for sharing it with members of this forum. I suspect that his library, that provides a backdrop in his photographs, is probably as rare, unique and interesting as the foetid woolens that are displayed along side. I cannot see all the titles on these but I suspect that they complement his collection and that one cannot exist without the other. These books that he also shares with us, are as fascinating, Im sure, and probably the foundation stones of the collection. The detail and cryptic mesasages contained are a source for contemplation. With thanks
    Thanks.

Amazing the quality on these pieces..

?

i could watch these all day Thanks

black SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regaliablack SS regalia

Since 2012 I have made more images of things....

old topic, but just wanted to jump in once again and thank FB for sharing his items and knowlage. Im 15 years old and I gaurentee I would have bought multiple more fakes than I have if it wasnt for this site. I can always trust the opinion on this site of many experienced collectors, history buffs, historians, etc. Many sites and people "get it wrong these days" and say fakes are real and the real stuff is fake. I dont know any reference books that have a knowlage base as big as this site. everytime I look at FBs photos I feel like im truley steping back in time and not into a factory half way across the world that produces fakes or "repros" or whatever you would like to call it. I know many people on this site sure dont need the help from me, but I sure do appreciate it when they help me. Thank you all so much for your time, knowlage and photos. I look forward to the future of this site and FBs collection!
    Thanks,
    Beau

Thanks for the kind words. We are at pains to help all, regardless of their age, so long as they endorse the goals of our site: to learn and to do so in a manner that befits the task.
    Your post belies your age and would that others, older than you in years, offer such a polite and helpful comment.
    When I was fifteen in the year 1967-8, there was no resource of this type or even the dream of such a thing.
    Only the fantasy of returning back in time to prior to 1945 to see these things in the original.
    Today the beginner can profit from the experience of dozens of others or hundreds of others and their collective experience. We thank Adrian, Dimas, and all the fine moderators and stalwart members.
    But such a thing is not automatic, or a given, as most of what is out there at the other end of the wire is just trash and the people lying about the trash heap are often anything but polite and helpful. Pfui!
    Thanks, Beau Harper, for the post, and one day, when you are my age, you will help someone else as we have done for you.
    FB's collection will be broken up soon enough and the younger cohort can assume the role here from us.
    in die Unendlichkeit.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6xKOpDcMwA
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-24-2015 at 04:50 PM.

CBH
    ?

I just wanted to add that is nice to see young collectors like Beau on this site . This gives us all hope that this hobby will continue to grow .
    And we will not become forgotten old farts , discussing the regalia of a fallen empire . Keep up the good work !

I don't think the hobby will die quite yet, iv got a few friends my age who collect, some military others antiques but it is nice to see the hobby will continue. It gives me hope as to what my collection will grow to (hopefully) when I hear of the people who once started collecting at my age then there collection and knowledge base expanded tremendously. I cant thank you guys enough for your help on my German items as I am almost clueless when it comes to cloth material and the authenticity of medals and awards. Each day goes by and I learn something new from you guys. I will definitely post some pictures of my full collection some time soon once I get it organized for all to see.
    Thanks again,
    Beau Harper

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast